#4 Silva vs Griffin
jpuh7c_jpg_medium.gif

#3 Penn vs Hughes I
5.gif

#2 Manhoeff vs Hunt
manhoef_hunt_1.gif

#1 Hendo vs Fedor
5.gif

Ok i will be the first to say it,i am a huge fedor fanboy.His whole carreer is a weightclass transcending performance!

I will accept the scorn of my peers now...

I'd rank the Silva/Griffin as number 1 purely because Forrest is a huge LHW who was just LHW champion 1 fight before.

Penn/Hughes 1 number 2 because Hughes was a massive WW whom many considered at the peak of his powers and unbeatable, especially to a guy who just lost to Pulver not long before.

Not hating on Conor, but no way would I consider his win over Nate in the top 10 of this list. It was a great performance and a massive jump from 145 to 170, but they'd fought at 170 before and Nate won. If you include Conor's, you'd have to include Nate's for the first fight. (who jumped up to 170 on short notice too, despite that not being his natural weight class)

1. Hackney vs Yarbrough

2. Royce vs Kimo

3. Royce vs Severn

4. Gordeau vs Tuli

5. Minowa vs HMC

6. Sudo vs Butterbean

7. Minowa vs Jimmy Ambriz

8. Minowa vs Butterbean

I'd rank the Silva/Griffin as number 1 purely because Forrest is a huge LHW who was just LHW champion 1 fight before.

Penn/Hughes 1 number 2 because Hughes was a massive WW whom many considered at the peak of his powers and unbeatable, especially to a guy who just lost to Pulver not long before.

Not hating on Conor, but no way would I consider his win over Nate in the top 10 of this list. It was a great performance and a massive jump from 145 to 170, but they'd fought at 170 before and Nate won. If you include Conor's, you'd have to include Nate's for the first fight. (who jumped up to 170 on short notice too, despite that not being his natural weight class)

I'm kinda with you on the Conor thing, but there aren't a lot of other options...or at least I couldn't think of any (hence only 8).

I wouldn't add Diaz to the list because he wasn't really going up in weight vs. Conor.

I'd also include Penn/Machida, as Penn jumped up to heavyweight and went to a decision and held his own with a guy who just TKOd Rich Franklin and Stephan Bonnar.

I'm kinda with you on the Conor thing, but there aren't a lot of other options...or at least I couldn't think of any (hence only 8).

I wouldn't add Diaz to the list because he wasn't really going up in weight vs. Conor.

It is a really rare thing to see a guy jump so far up on such short notice. Conor will forever have my respect for that.

Not sure what this thread means.

I freakin' hate to give props to a gang rapist torturer, but if I understand this thread correctly, a dude that Demetrius Johnson towers over height wise that never competed below HW in MMA is the #1.

Not sure what this thread means.

I freakin' hate to give props to a gang rapist torturer, but if I understand this thread correctly, a dude that Demetrius Johnson towers over height wise that never competed below HW in MMA is the #1.

I don't know what this post means.

But you do not understand this thread correctly.

I don't know what this post means.

But you do not understand this thread correctly.

As I stated. I did not follow "weightclass transcending". With all of the weight cutting in modern MMA, I instantly thought of Joe Son as moving up in WC far more than any other fighter in MMA history.

At 5'2", HW Joe Son was shorter than current FLW (125 pound) champion Demetrious Johnson.

As other posters in the thread brought up Minnowman has achieved "legendary" status in the area of fighting "larger opponents".

Obviously even though Joe was the better part of a foot shorter than the Minnowman, he did weigh more than him. I guess my point was, by today's standards, what would be the weightclass that a 5'2" man would target? IMO, if another 5'2" male ever did come into MMA, they would shoot for between the flyweight and the featherweight divisions.

A 5'2" fighter in HW seemed to transcend WC's more than anyone else in history!

Props to BisexualMMA mentioning the fight in the first MMA event I tuned in for. Hackney vs. Yarborough is what got me into MMA.

Strange fact, it was Keith that was the "David" in his fight with the Goliath "Manny Y" showing massive balls winning on true grit. In his next fight Keith was the "Goliath" fighting "a midget David" and had to resort to the albeit not illegal at the time second most viscous groin attack that I have ever witnessed in history!

Hindsight is 20/20, but keep in mind, at the time, this murderous creep convict's heinous act was unknown to we MMA fans. I no longer feel ANY sympathy for Joe's sac at this point.

I will go on record as saying the I have had nothing short of utter disdain for the fighter that permanently etched the worst groin attack in MMA history into my brain. I to this day feel terrible for The Pedro, and feel like NOBODY should have EVER had to tolerate that treatment in a combat "sport".

I can honestly say that I think that the severe mental deterioration said fighter is suffering from is karma at it's best!

1. Hackney vs Yarbrough

2. Royce vs Kimo

3. Royce vs Severn

4. Gordeau vs Tuli

5. Minowa vs HMC

6. Sudo vs Butterbean

7. Minowa vs Jimmy Ambriz

8. Minowa vs Butterbean
You_022179_2313435.jpg

Back