Why do ppl try to discredit Fedor as GOAT?

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fedor is the greatest fighter of all time. He has wins over a who's who of MMA. His closest competition is JDS and Overeem. Ppl call him a can crusher but the fact is he's stil the best even without those wins.

Fedors Key Wins: Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylivia, Mark Coleman, Big Nog x2, Brett Rogers, Babalu, Ricardo Aroma, Satoshi Ishii, Semmy Schilt, Mark Hunt, Crocop, Pedro Rizzo, Jeff Monson, Hong Man Choi, Gary Goodridge, Heath Herring, Fujita, Kevin Ranleman, Matt Lindland

JDS Key Wins- A washed up Crocop, a retired Shane Carwin, punching bag Roy Nelson, Ben Rothwell, Stipe Miocic in a fight some think he lost, Mark Hunt, washed up Frank Mir, Injured Cain Velasquez, Gonzaga, Struve, and out of shape Werdum.

Overeem Key wins: Andrei Arlovski, bald JDS, punching bag Roy Nelson, Stefan Struve, Frank Mir, Brock Lesnar, Werdum, Mark Hunt, Tod Duffee, Brett Rogers, Fujita, Vitor when he was depressed about his sister, Kharitonov (who later beat his ass).

Conclusion: Fedor is GOAT deal with it haterz.
image.jpeg

most of the people try and discredit him seem to be newer fans that didn't watch him fight. The way he beat down prime Cro cop and Nog 2x is fucking insane, not to mention 10 years undefeated in a division where 1 punch can end it all.

dude is the goat and his only competition for that status is MAYBE gsp

Becaust the vast majority of Sherdog started following MMA when Conor joined the UFC and only know him as the GOAT.

I agree with you TS, but GOAT is subjective and a stupid argument in the end.

We know this. He's won every poll. No need to rehash.

Didn't you started a thread earlier trying to prove otherwise?

most of the people try and discredit him seem to be newer fans that didn't watch him fight. The way he beat down prime Cro cop and Nog 2x is fucking insane, not to mention 10 years undefeated in a division where 1 punch can end it all.

Pretty much this. Then you have people who are just petty little assholes who try to shit on everybody who fights because the last time they were in a scrap they got beat up by a girl in the third grade.

Even if someone thinks that somebody else is a better fighter than one of my favorites, I do not see any reason to be an asshole about it. No idea what purpose that serves.

While I agree 100% with what you are saying, that sentiment is neither limited to Fedor within MMA, or to the sport of MMA in and of itself.

In fact, I will go out on a limb and state this is a normal progression of younger fans of ALL sports.

Most of the early MMA pioneers are considered "bums" by this crew in comparison to current day MMA fighters given the evolution of the sport. That is the "norm" for youthful fans of any sport, and not the exception.

I will also go on record defending younger biased MMA fans in that even though they are basically inbred f-tards, they are still light years better that their counterpart kiddie fans in MLB that nearly killed the sport demanding steroids to promote the long ball.

There's a vocal minority of TUF noobs who try and discredit him. Pretty much everyone knows he's the GOAT.

I once was lost but now am found.

lol so you flip flopped as is customary of a brand new account.

Fedor isn't GOAT because he's been running from testing from day one, his best work was in a corrupt organization known for work and steroids, and in between top fighters he crushed cans. He still is to this day. If he's GOAT, Jon Jones is God. And they're both neither if you DQ PEDs.

One of my favorite fights of all time:

images-4.jpeg images-5.jpeg

Because GSP

He's certainly up there though. For me that Jones positive test bumps him right up to #2

I really hope he hangs up the gloves though seems like a good guy and if he can't even beat Fabio (we know he didn't really) someone has to take him aside and stop him

Back