Is fightmatrix a legit ranking system !!!!

floraluca

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was surprised to see Conor Mcgregor ranked 6th and Nate Diaz ranked 8th at welterweight and ranked ahead of guy's like Condit,MacDonald,Larkin,Hendricks and Magny respectively.

Yes !!!! !!!!! !!!!???

you answered your own question if either one of them are ranked at WW

Not with those rankings they aren't.

Jesus everyone REALLY wants to label this fight a WW fight when they weighed what LW weigh on fight night.

If this was a WW fight they would have been 185 on fight night and they were not.

It has its flaws. A computer ranking can never be as good as people can make.

Fight matrix is absolutely one of the worst rankings out there...its bullshit. When i see someone backing up their statements using rankings from fight matrix i absolutely wanna puke.

No it's completely retarded, it's a computer system.

It has Rampage Jackson ranked as a top-12 Heavyweight in the world because he beat Satoshi Ishii lmao.

It puts way too much stock in going undefeated over fighting quality opponents as well as past performance.

What I mean is since it's a point system Anderson Silva has racked up a ridiculous amount in his winning streak and it took him like 5 straight losses to even get out of the top-10.

There isn't a legit ranking system, there is only half decent ones and Fight Matrix is not one of them.

Exclamation marks aren't used to denote a question....question marks are.

I swear children are getting stupider every generation.

I'm in agreement with "Thesnake101". There is no legitimate ranking system. PERIOD.

Title shots based on ranking systems require a certain frequency of ranked fighters competing against one another to offer enough data for any ranking system to be considered "legitimate".

In 2009, the UFC had only 200 fighters on the roster, most of which were ranked fighters. They (ranked fighters) competed on the average 3 times per year, and largely against other ranked fighters in the WC providing empirical data for a far more legitimate ranking system.

As of last year, the UFC feels the need to employ 620+ fighters on their "active" (LMAO - PUN FULLY INTENDED) roster, the average fights per year has dropped to under 1.4. To make it even worse, even though ranked fighters are no longer averaging 2 fights per year, it is NO LONGER uncommon for ranked fighters to fight an unranked fighter in their only contest of the year.

This 620+ fighters on a single roster within a 52 week year make ANY ranking system illegitimate by quantifiable methods.

No improvement until at LEAST 60% of the UFC roster (that doesn't even have the right to sweep the Octagon after an event much less compete in it) are fired from the UFC, and the real fighters allowed to compete against one another with greater frequency!

Back