Nate vs Conor UFC 200 onwards

Deadbelly

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It seems pretty obvious that one of two things happened when Nate and Conor got pulled from UFC 200

1. Conor was injured. He faked the whole press conference thing as a way of not coming out and saying he was injured. Would be embarrassing after all he said about opponents.

And/or - probably a bit of both

2. He needed more time to fully develop this "new" (to him) point style fighting system. Due to loosing in his previous fight, he would break even his own ethos of never training for a especific fighter.

Now we are left with two CMcG's. One that is exciting and goes for the finish above all else. That beats Aldo in 13 sec. Even in a rematch. And one that point fights (or fights intelligently). One were I think Aldo would have a chance against in a rematch.

And let's be honest, I like Nate (Diaz Bros in general). He is a good fighter with a lot of heart. But he is far from world class. Nick was at one stage, but Nate will never be world class. Anyone following MMA for awhile knows this.

It's not a case of, I thought he was great when he beat Conor and now that he lost I'm bailing on him.

To me Conor just worked his ass off to beat an average to high average fighter. A guy RDA beat pretty badly and much more decisive that CMcG did. And RDA was slated for doing so and being boring, by same Conor fans that praise him now.

Another McGregor hate thread.....

Or Conor didn't want to stop his training for a press conference and thought he could get his way.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

And then you'll complain about conor threads

This is one of the better Conor threads without any blatant nuthugging
I like it.

Let it go dude, they already fought two times, it's 1-1. Everyone's happy.

Let it go. Conor tried to push the UFC one time too much and they dug their heels in to show him who was boss.

Conor needed to have his ego checked, and he did by the loss to Nate, and to the UFC pulling him from a card.

Now he thinks the UFC won't strip his belt, and I believe the UFC will again on general principle, the way they did when they pulled him from UFC 100.

Sometimes you have to do the move that is bad for business in the short term for a bigger payoff down the road.

I
Another McGregor hate thread.....

I don't hate on McGregor. And I surely would have tapped.

I like Conor he can be the most exciting fighter out there. But don't pretend that his last fight didn't resembled much more Aldo vs Mendes 2, rather than Anderson vs Forest.

I don't have any issue with smart point fighting. I never have. Conor is the one that started with the whole "head clean off" stuff. He has now realized that you can't fight like that all the time. And we now have two styles, or two Conor's.

Now we are left with two CMcG's. One that is exciting and goes for the finish above all else. That beats Aldo in 13 sec. Even in a rematch.

I'd have to see this to give it credence. I agree he'd be the favourite but Miss Cleo once misled me and now I'm weary of ALL fortune tellers.

Back