Alistair is more skilled than Stipe in all areas

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Alistair is a better striker, better in the clinch and better on the ground but I still think Stipe is going to win. Stipe has a massive advantage in his chin compared to Reem. I think it will be hard for Reem to go 5 rounds without getting caught. Can Stipe's chin get him the win?

I got Econo / Safe Reem winning the belt.

Overeem was more skilled than Bigfoot, Browne & Rohwell. But still couldn't stopped himself from getting KTFO.

tumblr_mb6hgiS6Bc1rg8g1xo1_500.gif

the reem has been looking better since moving to Jackson's
Stipe has youth on him though

I got to say that Overeem got better with age, he takes it imo.

I agree, he just can't take much punishment and Stipe can. This is going to be an interesting fight.

I have to say I'm split with this fight, you never know with Heavies.

If Alistair picks his shots and avoids being taken down, I think he'll take Miocic. If he blows himself out trying to finish a super tough Stipe (see JDS fight) then Miocic might come on strong later on. Should be a good fight.

I think Stipe has the advantage in boxing, wrestling, durability, & physical toughness.

UFC HW championship fight > Any other fight.

And this in particular is amazing.

Stipe has better boxing and wrestling, better chin more durable. Reem has better clinch work and is better on the ground. Great fight one of the most interesting HW fights in a while.

I disagree. He is not more skilled in striking defense. And that will, sadly, be his downfall.

The only way I see Stipe winning is if he can blitz him. But Reem is a lot lighter now and faster because of it, so that might be very hard to do.

When betting on heavyweights, two guys who are tough to bet on are Overeem and Arlovski. Both guys have questionable chins. Although Reem has looked better in his past few fights.
giphy.gif

this fight can go either way. stipe has KO'd arlovski and werdum in consecutive fights. he's on a tear. both KO's happened within 2:50 of the first round.

overeem needs to be cautious early and then build momentum. something he's done quite well recently. as long as overeem doesn't walk into something, i see him picking miocic a part and getting a TKO.

The only way I see Stipe winning is if he can blitz him. But Reem is a lot lighter now and faster because of it, so that might be very hard to do.
I think he can put the pressure on him and find his chin. Econoreem is flying high but Stipe is the best striker in this current streak outside JDS. JDS was too tentative against Alistair and he paid the price. Tough one to call though, like most HW fights.

Reem does have more weapons tho, and with his new econo style he's a touch match up for anyone.

That said, Stipe has youth and power on his side

Back