Is the BlackZillians camp any good or just a cool name

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know they're talked as one of the best camp...got a gig on TUF vs American Top Team, and probably have a lot of good up and coming prospects

But I just dont see their UFC fighter performing anywhere near their potential
so lets run through some of their notable UFC fighters

Overem -
At BZ -Has no striking defense, gasses constantly and loses to Rothwell and T Browne via 1st round KOS
After BZ - Switches to Jacksons, develops a better fight IQ and now is fighting for a title

Rumble
-This guy has so much natural talent, I could probably train him into a contender
-At BZ - Gameplan is destroy opponents early, and hope they dont survive the blitz and Rumble doenst gas

Eddie Alvarez
-At BZ - lackluster performance against Cerrone - people questioning if hes overrated
-After BZ - beats Gil, Pettis and KOs RDA to become LW champ

Rashad
Before BZ - Had a championship run, scored KO win over Lidell ant Tito - two legends
At BZ - I know he's getting old and has battled injuries, but has looked lackluster, losses to Lil Nog, Bader, Glover and was gifted a wrong decision against MW Dan Hendo

Rick Story
Before BZ - Basically a WW wrecking ball, scored good wins, and almost beat contender Kelvin Gast
At BZ - Got destroyed in stirking by Cerrone, when supposedly striking is the BZ strength

Michael Johnson
At BZ - one of the best boxers and quickest fighters in the LW decision, yet has become a point fighter and doesnt look for KOs anymore and has lost 2 decisions to Derush & Nate

Belfort
-Before BZ - one of the most terrifying P4P strikers
-At BZ - lost title shot against Jon Jones (which isnt a bad thing) - had some good performances, but they were mostly TRT and not so much BZ training
-After BZ - got off TrT and hasnt been the same

Mittrione
-Before BZ - football player, TUF run, great athletic ability
-At BZ - develops striking, but has weakest ground game in HW division - leaves UFC for bellator

Abel Trujilio
-At BZ - one of the most physically imposing LWs with great skills, yet cant crack the top 15

Struve
At BZ - has the longest reach in the HW division, amazing ground game for a HW, yet lost to Jerrod Rosholts, and did get a KO over BigFoot, but only because a huge mental error by BigFoot

Blackzilians_crop_exact.png

Facebook-b9bf00.png

They've got a champ and a number 1 contender at LHW. What else would you like? Also don't forget Kamaru Usman.

Usman is an uo and coming fighter and doing well, Tyrone Spong trains with them, Rumble, Bellfort improved with them TRT or not and the Blackzillians have arguably the best kickboxing coach in MMA and some of their guys train with a legit elite boxing coach in pedro Diaz.

They've got a champ and a number 1 contender at LHW. What else would you like? Also don't forget Kamaru Usman.

Who's their champ and you better not say Eddie Alvarez because hes back with Mark Henry, and around the Philly Area

As for Rumble - his success is off his one of a kind talent, and its actually a huge disapointment he hasnt been a champion with all his skill

Who's their champ and you better not say Eddie Alvarez because hes back with Mark Henry, and around the Philly Area

As for Rumble - his success is off his one of a kind talent, and its actually a huge disapointment he hasnt been a champion with all his skill

Then why mentioned Eddie Alvarez in your opening message. Tons of camps have less champs and the title holders change so much you can't knock a camp for not having one, especially with so many top guys around the camp. Next Month Overeem could be champ, and another one or few of their young lions can emerge.

It's a shit name.

Aren't they going under? I thought that the owner went bankrupt and Henry hooft was moving out to California

You could make the same stupid list for any camp out there, they all have successes and failures. They’re a decent team, though I don’t think anyone considered them the “best”.

Rumble isn't the champ because DC is better than him. That doesn't make him a disappointment.

I've never been overly impressed with the BZ camp, because most of their name fighters established themselves and developed their skills at other camps prior. And unfortunately, most of those guys have only seen their games get worse at least a little bit since making the move to BZ. Then we've seen fighters leave BZ and improve elsewhere.

All of this tells me it's not a great camp. A lot of names but not a great camp.

They have great coaches and great fighters. Their record doesn't do them justice tbh.

Rumble isn't the champ because DC is better than him. That doesn't make him a disappointment.

DC is not better than Rumble - he does not have more natural talent - not even close in terms of power, athletic abilty

Hes the champ, solely because he just trains better, works cardio more, practices against Velaquez - all a result of being at AKA, a better camp

DC is athletic in his own way and his wrestling and cardio is a problem for everyone. If DC trained at Blackzillians instead of AKA he would still be the second best fighter in the UFC.

Last edited:
It´s a terrible/cringey name

Henri Hooft is there. Thats something good. Great pad work for sure.

Just ask yourself: how many camps have more champs? Then: how many champs have more top contenders?

They're a pretty good squad.

It´s a terrible/cringey name
Better than Team Alpha Male.

That name is especially bad since Dominick Cruz has clearly owned that whole team.

He's clearly their alpha, and he's not even on their team.

Team Beta Male is far more appropriate, all things considered.

Back