JDS is injured more than Cain

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 501827

Why does he not get more shit for this? It seems every time I go to his instagram hes posing with a cast on or at the doctors etc showing that "surgery went great" giving thumbs up or something. And hes only fought once a year for the past 3 years and before that was only fighting twice a year. Hes one of the most inactive HWs but it seems he never gets shit for it only Cain does. Is it just because of the difference of their personality that JDS gets more sympathy?

Because Cain's injuries were more high profile when he was the champion. He beat Lesnar then didn't defend till around 13 months later (loss to JDS) then after winning the third fight against JDS he didn't fight again for another 18 months and lost to Werdum. I think people take pulling out and delaying title fights/pictures more seriously.

He's never held the division up for over a year.

Cain has done that twice.

JDS reminds me of the legend John Locke

thread title should be : JDS is injured BECAUSE of Cain

JDS reminds me of the legend John Locke

HAAA!

tumblr_maq9tbc7mb1r6y67yo1_250.gif

Or

JohnLocke.png

Because Cain's injuries were more high profile when he was the champion. He beat Lesnar then didn't defend till around 13 months later (loss to JDS) then after winning the third fight against JDS he didn't fight again for another 18 months and lost to Werdum. I think people take pulling out and delaying title fights/pictures more seriously.

I guess but I think we all love watching JDS fight and youd think people would be more annoyed and take more notice of his inactivity than they are. No one really seems to care that much.

I guess but I think we all love watching JDS fight and youd think people would be more annoyed and take more notice of his inactivity than they are. No one really seems to care that much.

Nothing wrong with inactivity if you're just a contender. JDS has been in some brutal wars and if we want to keep seeing him perform, he'll need some time off every now and then.

But then again, I don't think any fighter should get shit for legitimate injuries, no matter who they are. It's the nature of the game.

Difference is cain was pulling out or not fighting while champion.Dont think Junior pulled out of any fights while champion

Why does he not get more shit for this? It seems every time I go to his instagram hes posing with a cast on or at the doctors etc showing that "surgery went great" giving thumbs up or something. And hes only fought once a year for the past 3 years and before that was only fighting twice a year. Hes one of the most inactive HWs but it seems he never gets shit for it only Cain does. Is it just because of the difference of their personality that JDS gets more sympathy?

No, it is because although you are correct, and JDS is indeed injured alot and fights infrequent, he DID NOT do this happy horse F'ing S while being champion and holding the HW belt hostage.

Cain's injuries often occurred while he held the belt, and Dana elected to place the HW division title defenses on hold for 2 years to coddle to Javier's insane MMA shop of Horror!

Dana should have stripped Cain of the belt, and banned ATT fighters from signing UFC contracts since they so often had to back out of title fights!

Summed up nicely if I do say so myself!

They're both very injury prone which sucks as a fan of both guys, but JDS' injuries don't clog up the division

No, it is because although you are correct, and JDS is indeed injured alot and fights infrequent, he DID NOT do this happy horse F'ing S while being champion and holding the HW belt hostage.

Cain's injuries often occurred while he held the belt, and Dana elected to place the HW division title defenses on hold for 2 years to coddle to Javier's insane MMA shop of Horror!

Dana should have stripped Cain of the belt, and banned ATT fighters from signing UFC contracts since they so often had to back out of title fights!

Summed up nicely if I do say so myself!

I said that no fighter has fucked them over more than Cain. The first FOX show. Not really Cain's fault. But still. Plus he took out Lesnar to get the title. UFC didn't want that. So they are like, "Ok, we are gonna have to work with this guy." and start pushing the Mexican angle. It was a big buildup for their first show in Mexico. And Cain pulls out. lol. The whole thing was about him being the tip of the UFC's spear in Mexico. That Mexico thing was fucking huge. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. And the first UFC FOX show was the same thing. A bad first impression.

We all enjoyed watching Oliynk fight as well (at least up until his last fight), but well, same deal as JDS, and unlike Cain, the HW title continued to be defended in spite of their injuries. Who wouldn't have loved to see the HW with the most wins in the division, and the most DIFFERENT submissions in the WC stay healthy and compete more often? Same with JDS, we all love to see him compete (win or lose), and do miss out due to injuries.

Bottom line, analogy, Comparing the "damage" that Cain has done to the division vs. what Oliynk or Dos Santos did to the division is like comparing brain cancer to a thigh bruise to a stubbed toe!

I said that no fighter has fucked them over more than Cain. The first FOX show. Not really Cain's fault. But still. Plus he took out Lesnar to get the title. UFC didn't want that. So they are like, "Ok, we are gonna have to work with this guy." and start pushing the Mexican angle. It was a big buildup for their first show in Mexico. And Cain pulls out. lol. The whole thing was about him being the tip of the UFC's spear in Mexico. That Mexico thing was fucking huge. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. And the first UFC FOX show was the same thing. A bad first impression.

I agree with everything you said, EXCEPT what I highlighted. Cain did indeed have a second chance to make a first impression in Mexico. He and Javier of ATT elected to not properly train, pull into 7,300+ foot elevation Mexico City a week or so out from the fight, and put a display on of "Mexican Cardio Cain" only to see it gas out by the end of the first round and crash and burn in the second!

Yep, he had a second chance, and made sure he and Javier F'd the Mexican MMA fans but good!

I agree with everything you said, EXCEPT what I highlighted. Cain did indeed have a second chance to make a first impression in Mexico. He and Javier of ATT elected to not properly train, pull into 7,300+ foot elevation Mexico City a week or so out from the fight, and put a display on of "Mexican Cardio Cain" only to see it gas out by the end of the first round and crash and burn in the second!

Yep, he had a second chance, and made sure he and Javier F'd the Mexican MMA fans but good!

lol. good point.

Back