Paige "12 Gauge" VanZant not even remotely a draw AT ALL. Fact.

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
So that's not about if you like Paige or if she's a good fighter or if she did something good/bad etc. just a simple fact.

The last card she was on (after her appearance at this dancing show) UFC on Fox 21 did record low numbers.

Her last fight before that was the main event vs Rose. 1,643 attendance for 234,725$ gate. Absolutely bad numbers.

The fight before that one? UFC 191. Guess what: Lowest gate since 2004.

She's almost a anti-draw, every card she's on seems to do bad numbers. Of course there are a number of other factors, of course she doesn't have to be a draw and it's nothing she did wrong or something.
But I saw people justify certain things with "well she puts people in the seats, welcome to reality that's the game". Obviously she doesn't.

Sources:
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/9/8/92...nson-vs-dodson-2-lowest-since-august-2004-mma
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/3...-badly-by-preemptions-does-record-low-numbers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night:_Namajunas_vs._VanZant

PPV's are a more reliable source of drawing power than gate numbers imo... but agreed, she is no superstar. The cranebird kick will draw some more attention though. One of the more spectacular KO's this year.

It's time to pose nude to increase that popularity girl.

Do it!

Well DUH!

which idiots said she was a draw?

She might got have a nice KO over a part time entertainer, but when she starts fighting real fighters again, she will get destroyed.

PPV's are a more reliable source of drawing power than gate numbers imo... but agreed, she is no superstar. The cranebird kick will draw some more attention though. One of the more spectacular KO's this year.

Thing is, her DTWS fans are 99% strict casuals. If they're not going to watch a free Fox broadcast with her on, they sure as hell won't be buying a PPV with her in it. The rating was really surprising and rather disappointing to be honest, I thought runner up on a show that draws 12+ million viewers per week would have moved the needle for her quite a bit. Evidently not. She's also not moving my needle, not sure what's up with that. Maybe I need pills.

Well DUH!

which idiots said she was a draw?
I read that a lot.
Whenever people criticize that she's promoted too much, gets Rebook deals, interviews, appearances etc (which I think is also stupid, let her have her moment but whatever) that's the response.
"She gets the push because she's so marketable", "she will be a draw because of dancing with stars", "it's a business not only a sport, so that's the reality blah blah".
You didn't see talk like that?

I mean even Dana's talk about her having the "it factor". What does this "it factor" do? I thought it obviously was referring to marketability and her making people interested in her and the sport.
But that's just not the case if you look at the numbers.

@LouisBolanos you need more than pills, we knew that already. She doesn't move your needle? I could have told you that just from your typical awful posts.

I read that a lot.
Whenever people criticize that she's promoted too much, gets Rebook deals, interviews, appearances etc (which I think is also stupid, let her have her moment but whatever) that's the response.
"She gets the push because she's so marketable", "she will be a draw because of dancing with stars", "it's a business not only a sport, so that's the reality blah blah".
She got a push because 14 year old kids thinks she is hot, and americans also because they normally don't see someone very slim

and instead see

ap13061707496.jpg

And I did see it, and I laughed at it back then too but people say wait and see, well we've waited and seen the results now.

@LouisBolanos you need more than pills, we knew that already. She doesn't move your needle? I could have told you that just from your typical awful posts.

You moved my needle last night though. Good times I gave you 5 stars on Yelp.

If the UFC build her up and give her winnable bouts against lesser competition, the general public will eat that shit up. The great blonde hope.

Thing is, her DTWS fans are 99% strict casuals. If they're not going to watch a free Fox broadcast with her on, they sure as hell won't be buying a PPV with her in it. The rating was really surprising and rather disappointing to be honest, I thought runner up on a show that draws 12+ million viewers per week would have moved the needle for her quite a bit. Evidently not. She's also not moving my needle, not sure what's up with that. Maybe I need pills.

Ah i knew she was on a dancing show, but had no idea that it was that big. In that case weird indeed. No idea how big the hype around PvZ outside of the UFC is.

She got a push because 14 year old kids thinks she is hot, and americans also because they normally don't see someone very slim

and instead see

ap13061707496.jpg

And I did see it, and I laughed at it back then too but people say wait and see, well we've waited and seen the results now.

I'd say the UFC missed the boat. They didn't take advantage of her profile coming off DWTS at all. A lot of people wouldn't have even know she was fighting.

Unfortunately for paige she doesn't have crossover appeal. The market that watches DWTS I'd assume has zero interest in mma. When ronda turns up at wrestlemania or in a fast and furious movie those markets will tune in. Heck tyron doing straight outta Compton is a good example as well.

If she keeps plugging away at other media she might become familiar enough to start drawing people in but it doesn't sound like she's really that interested at this point.

That's strange. Her pics seem to be all over and she constantly does interviews. I guess DWTS audience doesn't enjoy bloodsport.

If the UFC build her up and give her winnable bouts against lesser competition, the general public will eat that shit up. The great blonde hope.

I believe that is what the UFC thinks or hopes for. Building up a female superstar who is cute and does well in front of the camera.
But I don't think it will work out if she doesn't become champion. Ronda was so popular and the over-hyping worked because she was a dominant champ who destroyed her opponents in title fights. People like those unbeatable champions, not fighters who are 'good' and winning some fights.

I mean can a young fighter have any more "push" than she already got? Being at a dance show with 12 million viewers once a week or something, favorable match-ups, tons of interviews and promo videos on the UFC's Youtube, short appearances in other shows, Rebook deal, main card spots etc
And again without hating on her but it's not that she's not a HUGE star yet, it's rather that she doesn't seem to add any value to a card at all, marketing-wise.

Why is it so important for you to point this out ? You seem to take some personal pleasure in these numbers. Like you actually have a stake in them... or against them I should say.

lk0VW.gif

There's something fucked up there, son.

I read that a lot.

I mean even Dana's talk about her having the "it factor". What does this "it factor" do? I thought it obviously was referring to marketability and her making people interested in her and the sport.
But that's just not the case if you look at the numbers.

She is marketable, even if she isn't a draw right now. I was live in Vancouver for that event, and the crowd went more nuts over Paige than they did anyone else on the card, including the headliners. The Reebok sponsorship is more about the image they want to maintain than it is about her popularity, but she is very popular, even if the viewing numbers don't support that at this time.

Back