#1 I don't like Conor either
#2 I get what you were trying to do.

but that thread isn't good....

Fights where fighters went up weightclasses and actually did something amazing:

jpuh7c_jpg_medium.gif

3.gif

5.gif

Last edited:
Yeah I thought he would have torn through Nate in that first one, beat RDA at 200 and challenge the WW champ at 205.

I clearly grossly overestimated him. If you think Conor did good then basically you don't think highly enough of him.

#1 I don't like Conor either
#2 I get what you were trying to do.

but that thread isn't good....

I don't like Conor either

I get what TS is trying to do

And the thread is spot on.

Its not the first time where a win gets blown out of proportion by MMA media, just because it was a big fight

Yesterday my casual mma watching best friend told me Conor - Diaz 2 was a better fight than Jones - Gus.

Yeah that was kinda funny.

Didnt Demetrius barely get by a way past his prime Miguel Torres?

Didnt Demetrius barely get by a way past his prime Miguel Torres?
A part-time fighting, way before his prime, DJ got a unanimous decision against a 39-3 Miguel Torres.

A part-time fighting, way before his prime, DJ got a unanimous decision against a 39-3 Miguel Torres.
Super close fight that could have gone either way. Torres was already on the downswing.

Super close fight that could have gone either way. Torres was already on the downswing.
You said "way past his prime." That was an inaccurate depiction.

You said "bareley get by." That doesn't really match up with unanimous decisions--that's what split decisions are for.

You neglected to mention that this fight took place way before DJ developed into the dominant fighter that he has become. You also neglected to note that he was only fighting part time when he fought Torres.

So you've literally exaggerated everything that could be considered to reflect negatively on DJ, meanwhile omitting everything that would reflect positively.

Don't be that dude.

Back