only 73 days left before UFC 205

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Still no main event
No co-main either

A trainning camp is usualy between 8-10 weeks....
Time running out quick...

What are they waiting for ??!

Discuss...

GSP and Conor hold all the cards
I expect we'll see a bunch of fights announced in the next two weeks

But yeah it feels a little weird to have no card structure at all
I'm expecting it to look like
McGregor/Alvarez
GSP/Woodley or Maia
Kennedy/Rashad Evans
Cerrone/Lawler
and maybe a womans fight to headline the TV card

If no McGregor or GSP we'll get the LHW title fight

something something something GSP

McGregor/Alvarez
GSP/Woodley or Maia
Kennedy/Rashad Evans
Cerrone/Lawler

Georges won't be at MSG. He is in the USADA testing pool but has to subject himself to 4 months of testing to be eligible. That means 206 in Toronto if he returns, not 205.

It appears Conor will likely headline either against Aldo or Alvarez. Those are the 2 most likely scenarios. I will say it's kind of absurd that there aren't any real fights announced for this card. When one comes I expect the rest will follow quickly.

205:
Conor vs Aldo 2/Alvarez
DC vs Rumble 2
JJ vs KK (Nunes vs someone @ 204, there won't be free space on 205 or 206 card for her. Or JJ vs KK will be on Poland FN card, then Nunes can fight at 205)
Weidman/Romero
Rockhold/Silva
Edgar/Bermudez
Swanson/DHC

206:
Tyron vs GSP
Cruz vs TJ 2/Cody

205:
Conor vs Aldo 2/Alvarez
DC vs Rumble 2
JJ vs KK (Nunes vs someone @ 204, there won't be free space on 205 or 206 card for her. Or JJ vs KK will be on Poland FN card, then Nunes can fight at 205)
Weidman/Romero
Rockhold/Silva
Edgar/Bermudez
Swanson/DHC

206:
Tyron vs GSP
Cruz vs TJ 2/Cody

3 Title fights? nah I don't see UFC doing it again, it was a 200 special's case
EDIT: Also LOL at that hidden part of third line

They are trying to set up that MW 4-man contender fight and McWWE against Alvarez

Problem is all the fighters want million dollar paychecks now and they only wanna throw 5 digits at them

I think JJ vs KK for the title is going to be the Co-main. The main... I have no fucking idea. Too much ducking and running and fuckery going on right now to even guess.

But Joanna deserves a co-main slot on a big ppv. She's a company woman and it's time she was rewarded. And that should be a hell of a fight. I know she had 193. But it's been a year. And her last fight was buried in fight week.

They are trying to set up that MW 4-man contender fight and McWWE against Alvarez

Problem is all the fighters want million dollar paychecks now and they only wanna throw 5 digits at them
8 man grandprix or nothing!

3 Title fights? nah I don't see UFC doing it again, it was a 200 special's case
EDIT: Also LOL at that hidden part of third line
well where all those defenses will be then?
DC, Cruz, Tyron, Nunes, McGregor, JJ, Alvarez are free and ready for 205 card

well where all those defenses will be then?
DC, Cruz, Tyron, Nunes, McGregor, JJ, Alvarez are free and ready for 205 card

Nunes is ducking the division waiting for the return of Ronda and the money fight. And we know that isn't happening at 205.

McGregor/Alvarez
GSP/Woodley or Maia
Kennedy/Rashad Evans
Cerrone/Lawler

yea i think the less important fighters are getting held up by the more important fighters - lots of people unsigned and its prob because the big dogs are negotiating hard, holding out, doing the typical thing they need to do to squeeze some more cash out of the ufc

205:
Conor vs Aldo 2/Alvarez
DC vs Rumble 2
JJ vs KK
Weidman/Romero
Rockhold/Silva
Edgar/Bermudez
Swanson/DHC
Dana has been talking about Rumble vs Boneless Jones, he seems dead set on it. And Rockhold is talking about retirement. If he does fight again doubtful it'll be at 205. Plus fuck that fight for Silva lol.

McGregor-Alvarez
Aldo- Holloway or Wonderboy-woodley
Cerrone-lawler
Weidman- someone TBD (rockhold, Jacare, Romero)
Frankie Edgar-Anthony Pettis

That's what I'd like to see anyways.

73 more days for me to figure out why fighting in NY is supposed to be important.

Dana has been talking about Rumble vs Boneless Jones, he seems dead set on it. And Rockhold is talking about retirement. If he does fight again doubtful it'll be at 205. Plus fuck that fight for Silva lol.

Even if bones got 6 mos... Wouldn't that go from the day he was caught. Is there 6 mos between that day and 205 ? It would be close I know that.

I'm still holding out hope that the USADA is legit and Jones gets 2 yrs. But I just don't know about much associated with the UFC anymore. MONEY runs the whole fuckin thing.

There's just complete and total fuckery in the air.

73 more days for me to figure out why fighting in NY is supposed to be important.
UFC isn't treating it like anything important. I'm afraid the NY fans are gonna get hosed.

Cariaso vs Mighty Mouse 2. According to Dana Shelby and Joe Silva its the fight the fans want. Co main event will be a rematch between Gonzaga and Erokhin, its only logical since they fought only last year and it was atrocious. The rest of the maincard will be filled by other rematches we are all eagerly expecting, McMann vs Eye II, Moroz vs Taylor II. Yes its only a 4 fights maincard, but the point is to have more fight pass prelims spots available for noobs from the NY vicinity sporting 8-5 records.

Thank you UFC. Cant wait.

Back