Top teams without an octagon

The good dog

Tode
Banned
Reaction score
I see a lot of top gyms with just a wall or a square or rectangular shape part of the gym used as a cage.

How can this be as good as an octagon? Teams like Rufusport and Nova Uniou can afford it. If I was a champ paying to be there I would want one, you can't get a feel for a fight using just one wall or a square, I just don't get it.

Anyone know why they don't?

They train in underground pits to keep the secret techniques secret.

th

@ts
Yeah it's a little surprising that more big gyms don't have them. I think they run around 12-20 grand, which isn't that much if you consider a gym that has multiple professional fighters that will get to use that cage for years. Other things to factor in though like the amount of extra space you would need to put one in would could drastically increase your lease

I imagine getting used to it would be good for when u get rocked, instead of being used to just heading to the padded Wall on the right you're used too

Many fighters were inspired by Pit Fighter and don't really like the feel of the cage as a result. Dudes like Mir and Rampage have said as much.

I've been to gyms that have a half octagon, this would seem to be the solution for space/resource issues for smaller gyms.
651.jpg

I've been to gyms that have a half octagon, this would seem to be the solution for space/resource issues for smaller gyms.
651.jpg

That seems like a good alternative.

I remember watching vids of fighters from AKA and all I remember is the square looking cage thing. I could be wrong tho.

I remember reading somewhere about in his first run in the UFC, Cro-Cop did no preparation in a cage, which, if true, seems crazy to think.

Back