WW division is kind of a wreck right now...

Full Metal Jacket Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What has been my favorite division to watch in the UFC has kind of become a mess, IMO...

Hendricks and Condit have fallen off the table, it appears... Maia, while exciting for his storied career, and always a gentleman.... Is not really that appealing to watch much of the time, unless you are a true BJJ purist and can appreciate the transition work he does.

Magny kind of came up short on his hype run, Larkin may be a saving grace, as well as Cerrone, though Cerrone keeps hinting at going back to 155.

Woodley has the fan base of a colony of fire ants because of his piss poor attitude. Wonderboy has promise to be an exciting champ if he can take that belt, but then whos there to make the division interesting? Seems like the belt is a hot potato since GSP left and the talent that was always on top slid, or the rest caught up... either way, the division is not as much fun to me as it once was.

If the top guys actually fight each other, there's plenty of fun to be had. Woodley, Maia, Thompson, Robbie, Condit, and Nick Diaz(if he's willing to be put in to the ranks, fuck that money fight bullshit) all have very different styles and are great match ups for each other, with no clear "best." The politics of it is fucking annoying, and can really make this division suck, but if these guys would actually be willing to all fight 2-3 fights a year against each other based off of rankings, it could be a great division.

Woodley has the fan base of a colony of fire ants because of his piss poor attitude. Wonderboy has promise to be an exciting champ if he can take that belt, but then whos there to make the division interesting? Seems like the belt is a hot potato since GSP left and the talent that was always on top slid, or the rest caught up... either way, the division is not as much fun to me as it once was.
UFC-Donald-Cerrone-Beer-630x350.jpg

Dude, I said Cerrone may be a saving grace... Fuck, ppl love to argue around here... even if they just agreed to your post... Whatever floats your boat I guess, brah.

If woodley stops all the money fight talk then the fun begins.

Don't forget Rory leaving.

Yeah, I'd like to see what Cerrone could do against the top guys in the division.

I say the WW division is more exciting than ever.

When GSP was ruling, everything was kind of boring, since everyone knew no one of the top guys could beat him.

There's still Gastelum, Gunnar, Lawler, (just because he's not champ doesn't mean he won't be fighting), Means, and lots of up and comers. Breese, Barbarena, Taleb, Warley Alves, Usman, Mina.

I think next year will be an amazing year for the WW division.

There's still Gastelum, Gunnar, Lawler, (just because he's not champ doesn't mean he won't be fighting), Means, and lots of up and comers. Breese, Barbarena, Taleb, Warley Alves, Usman, Mina.

I think next year will be an amazing year for the WW division.

Let's hope. And I didn't mean to discount Lawler... Just slipped my mind somehow lol.

Sometimes you just have to disregard the belts and enjoy the fights. Almost all the divisions are a mess right now with title shots being thrown around for whatever reasons...

I just want to see a Lawler Condit rematch really. And if Rory stayed I'd love to see him fight either Lawler or Condit again as well. So many cool matchups to be made there.

I think that Lombard fight took something from Magny. Got hurt way too many times.

I also think that Hendricks and Condit is done for now, but who knows.

And some of the best fighters there went to Bellator. LW and this division used to be my favorite, maybe still is, but BW is great too so I'm not sure.

I get your point, but I do think that the state the WW-division is in is temporary. There's a ton of talent either waiting to break the top 10 or waiting for their chance to prove themselves;

Gunnar
Tumenov
Larkin (who just entered)
Magny
Gastelum
Dong Hyum Kim
Cerrone

That's without even mentioning the guys at the top.

I wouldn't mind Maia getting a TS. I don't like lay and pray or wall and stall much but really slick and aggressive BJJ is fun to watch.

Nick Diaz and GSP are set to return. That should make it more interesting. For now though, Woodley is a legit champ.

I hope Cowboy gets over that mental block and starts whooping ass in high profile fights at 170.

For now though, Woodley is a legit champ.

Nah. He caught a clearly out-of-sorts Lawler and is now refusing to fight either contender. The furthest thing from a legit champ you can get, imo.

Back