I feel bad for Gus :(

RichardN7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Truly...
I just rewatched the Jones fight... Such injustice. There's no way Jones won that fight. True he slipped up later in Stockholm against Rumble, but then redeemed himself through an awesome fight against DC. It just seems he keeps being on the wrong end of these split decisions. Is it possible the UFC is trying to keep him down?
Don't get me wrong, I like DC, and any champ would be better than Jones, but I feel Gus deserves to be champ and has what it takes to make it a reality. Hopefully he comes back strong against this guy Blachowicz and gets another shot.

I feel bad for Gus too...not because I feel that he won either of those fights((the Jones one could have gone either way IMO)) but because when he has been on the cusp of greatness....its been his own lack of chasing it down...going out there and finishing strong...showing that he wants it...that has stopped him from achieving it

Ronda doesn't feel that bad about it though.

Honestly, he's a top 5 fighter in the UFC, he's pretty popular in his country, and he has a super hot girlfriend. I don't feel bad for him either. He's doing pretty well for himself.

He is mentally shot. You can tell that from his recent interviews. He needs a serious work with psychologist.

Gus is a great fighter. So excited to see him fight this weekend.

nah i feel bad fro big rig...fight were similar but i belive you want to beat champ you have to beat champ. Robbie nor gus did but Robbie got decision.

Both robbie and gus should have lost those closer fights because they didnt overwhelming win

sorry for english but stale mates should not get belt

He has had his chances at greatness but just keeps coming up short. Sometimes its a very fine line between 1st and 2nd.

The Cormier fight was close, but I thought it was a pretty clear victory for Cormier. I can't feel too bad for Gusta because he's been making six figures for several years and he's in a really good position. He's not even just gatekeeper to the stars; he could get a title shot at any time if he beats a top opponent or something crazy happens.

Was cheering for Gus but had Jones pretty clear cut 48-47

Gus lost DC fight + Gus is very inactive fighter

Truly...
I just rewatched the Jones fight... Such injustice. There's no way Jones won that fight. True he slipped up later in Stockholm against Rumble, but then redeemed himself through an awesome fight against DC. It just seems he keeps being on the wrong end of these split decisions. Is it possible the UFC is trying to keep him down?
Don't get me wrong, I like DC, and any champ would be better than Jones, but I feel Gus deserves to be champ and has what it takes to make it a reality. Hopefully he comes back strong against this guy Blachowicz and gets another shot.
That spinning elbow in the 4th didn´t do that much damage, not enough to turn the round, and if you take a closer look, all the follow up shots from Jones missed the target and the blood in Alexander's face in the end of the round that impressed the judges was from Bones.

That spinning elbow in the 4th didn´t do that much damage, not enough to turn the round, and if you take a closer look, all the follow up shots from Jones missed the target and the blood in Alexander's face in the end of the round that impressed the judges was from Bones.

That spinning elbow almost sent Gus to the stars, what are you talking about?

Incorrect on all accounts, good job.

Gus won against jones plain and simple. I mean he should have won on the score cards and he definitely beat jon up more (so in real life he won the fight)

Hes good just not good enough that lost to the top three guys, nothing more to say really.

he beat a cheatin lyin pos Jones but got screwed, its mma closer to wwe than you think

I feel bad for Gus too...not because I feel that he won either of those fights((the Jones one could have gone either way IMO)) but because when he has been on the cusp of greatness....its been his own lack of chasing it down...going out there and finishing strong...showing that he wants it...that has stopped him from achieving it
What do you mean not chasing it down, he was arguably up 2 rnds to 1 in the Jones fight going into the fourth and is arguably putting in his best rnd of the fight untill he got caught

Bro did you watch the fight with your eyes closed?

Back