I like how the ufc thinks bisping vs hendo 2 is a money fight

LyotoMacheetah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They're literally killing a division because they think this is the money fight. This is almost as bad as Gustafsson vs DC.

Card will be lucky to get 200k buys.

Great fight. As perfect as timing as were going to get. Can't wait.

With the madness taking place at FW, WW, BW and sorta LHW...why should MW be any different?

I mean really, which division is doing it right and giving the rightful contenders their title shots?

It will sell out the arena and probably do 400K buys based on history and name value.

With the madness taking place at FW, WW, BW and sorta LHW...why should MW be any different?

I mean really, which division is doing it right and giving the rightful contenders their title shots?
HW. That's about it right now. Flyweight doesn't count because there really isn't anyone that deserves the shot.

I don't think the UFC believes this to be a "money" fight at all.

Its a fun fight with history behind it that both guys not only want, but have earned the right to get.

They're literally killing a division because they think this is the money fight. This is almost as bad as Gustafsson vs DC.

Not even close to as bad as DC vs Gus. Gus was in the top 5 with his only recent losses being to Jones and Rumble both top 3 guys. Hendos ko over hector was impressive but he almost got slept in the first round. Before that his best win at MW was Boetsch. He got finished by trt less Vitor in almost the same fashion as TRT Belfort finished him. Gus got the shot because there was no one else. Literally there were probably 10 better options than Hendo. Weidman, Jacare, Rockhold rematch, Anderson rematch, Romero, moose(who killed Hendo), Kennedy rematch, Whittaker, Belfort, GSP, Nick Diaz(I'm reaching a bit on this one but Nick would probably beat Hendo at MW IMO) Pretty much everyone ahead of him in the top ten. I do see the UFC making this as a win win situation. Hendo wins he retires as a champ and then the belt is up for grabs, maybe the UFC wanted to give him a shot since he earned one against jones even though he ruined the PPV by pulling out last minute. The flip side is bisping is very marketable and he keeps his belt for another fight. You say 200,000 but you're wrong. Old fans love Hendo and bisping will bring in the European market. It's the classic USA vs England match up but this time it's for gold. You can market that and the thing is Dan has a chance to win which makes it more intriguing. Now if Dan was fighting Rockhold then fuck that lol although I'm sure most thought the same thing about bisping vs Rockhold. I didn't I though luke was being too arrogant and was gonna get caught

bisping vs hendo 2 are both very well known, especially because of brock and their fight at ufc 100 It was a classic and who wouldn't want to see hendo pull off another h bomb. It would be glorious.

the womens divisions seem to be pretty fair in this regard

I don't think the UFC believes this to be a "money" fight at all.

Its a fun fight with history behind it that both guys not only want, but have earned the right to get.

Jacare should be fighting , we both know that

however hendos guarenteed retirement and the history behind this make it too good to pass up, i can see that

It's a money fight. All the UK is buying it. Decent amount of America.

How is this not a money fight, You got the all time loved fighter from England with a entire country backing him vs one of the most decorated American fighters that ever lived. All of England wants redemption for Hendo knocking his ass out last time.
I'm PPving it I I just streamed Diaz Vs Connor II

You are wrong, though. It will easily sell over 400k, likely over 500k.

I'm looking forward to it, but I tend to agree. I don't feel as though Bisping has ever been much of a draw, be it as a heel or otherwise. I think it gets between 200-300K. I hope I'm wrong though -- I've always been a big fan of the count. I can see why he rubs others the wrong way, but I've always enjoyed his fights, personality, and commentary.

You are wrong, though. It will easily sell over 400k, likely over 500k.
I hope you're right -- Bisping's recent win was a pretty neat story. Perhaps that narrative coupled in with this being Henderson's last fight most likely may make this fight more profitable than I expect.

I guarantee someone gets KOd. Worth it to me. Two of the greats.

It'll get half a million. Whether he earned the shot or not, people wanna see hendo retire a champ and ko bisping

HW. That's about it right now. Flyweight doesn't count because there really isn't anyone that deserves the shot.

Flyweight gets through all contenders at a solid and consistent pace. That's how you know it's doing it right. At lightweight for example it's almost embarrasing that a guy like Khabib still hasin't got his shot. Should have happened in 2014.

It's not a money fight at all, neither guy is a PPV draw. A money fight would've been Weidman in NY. This is about bringing a British champ to the UK with a high chance of winning.

Flyweight gets through all contenders at a solid and consistent pace. That's how you know it's doing it right. At lightweight for example it's almost embarrasing that a guy like Khabib still hasin't got his shot. Should have happened in 2014.
Only problem with Flyweight is that MM has made everybody look like amateurs so they literally have to give him 8th ranked guys or create a tourney of nobodies just to find somebody that he hasn't beaten. LW has been the best division for what seems like forever, it's only recently with Conor involved that things are a little stupid. Khabib fought once in 2014, and then was injured for 2 years. So even if he did get a shot, he wouldn't have been able to fight it. He deserves it now though. Either him or Ferguson. But with Ferguson booked, definitely Khabib.

Back