Evolution of Punk "Hurt" Episode

Matt "Pitbull" Martin

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I talk shit about the guy all the time, but at least I give him a chance to present himself properly instead of just being an ass. This is a discussion about this episode that I am attempting to start a discussion on. What did you guys think about it and what do you guys think of the series as a hole?

I think he's getting himself into something he doesn't understand and mister white belt in BJJ will unfortunately get smashed. Too bad he isn't a bad guy.

mickey gal is a grappler, punk will not get that hurt

Im getting sick of watching these promos, its the same thing over and over.

his sparring looks very awkward, i wonder how awkward his pure wrestling or bjj is. WHy are they putting him against Mickey Gall, who may be an amateur but still decades ahead of CM in terms of actual full speed competition

Last edited:
Watching Mickey, he's not that good himself. If Punk packs a punch he could pull off the upset.

I would consider it a victory if he gets out of the 1st round.

I feel like he's a rock em sock em robot, you know the toys, he arm punches forward and doesn't twist his torso and doesn't have any head movement he just marches forward. I see him getting knocked out to be honest.

tumblr_m9lg30RixM1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

Last edited:
CM hasn't had a real fight yet and has been hurt multiple times in training. His shoulder and back at the least. I doubt that he has taken a real shot in sparring. Anyone of his training partners can whip him easily. However, who wants to be the one to KO him in practice and be the one who killed CM's shot and the main event.

He looks very amateurish like some of the guys on "Bully Beatdown".

Everyone's acting like Mickey Gall is Jacare or Weidman. Gall is almost as green as Brooks.

Everyone's acting like Mickey Gall is Jacare or Weidman. Gall is almost as green as Brooks.

Gall is like a brown belt or something like that in BJJ and has had more training then Punk. 2 amateur fights and 2 pro fights I think. And even if he takes Gall out who is he going to fight next? Everybody at WW will destroy him.

CM Punk get's to show what a fellow Sherdogger would do in the cage. Not going to end well

He really isn't comparable to Punk. He has several ammy fights, as well as pro, and has been training for way longer.

Not to mention, he is a Purple Belt under John Danaher, and has won several grappling competitions, whereas Punk has yet to enter one, I believe.

This is the mismatch that it is painted out to be.

Have no idea what kind of chin this Gall guy has. Punk should close his eyes, pretend he's triple h, and swing with all his might with intentions to kill. Perhaps multiple times until he connects. I hope his gas tank is ready

Well, at least He is going in I guess, it was my dream back in the days to be in the UFC, I would give out my left testicle to be able to have the chance.

I really like Punk with the make a wish Kid.

Good on him.

Rooting for him but frankly Gall is gonna murder him any way he wants.

Its gonna look like a one punch man fight.

He may as well be Jacare. He's a brown belt in BJJ and CM punk only has a leather belt to hold his pants up.

Back