Overeem Hits Conor Over Fighter Pay: "Let me see some bank statements"

"Conor exaggerates his income"

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The UFC heavyweight thinks both Mayweather and McGregor are fudging the numbers — he doesn't believe they're making as much as they say they are.

"My answer to that, to Mayweather and to Conor, let me see some bank statements," Overeem said Monday at a media lunch in Downtown LA. "You can talk, you can say it, you can put it out there in tweets, but let me see a bank statement that says UFC wired X amount of money, because it's always going to be this way. People lie. It's the 21st century. Social media is fake."

. . .

"I'm from Holland," Overeem said. "In Holland, we like to dress up, we like to do our thing, we like to be cool. But we what we don't like is to have stacks of cash on the table and the cars. To us, in our culture — and in that respect I'm very proud to be Dutch — that's just attracting problems, attracting difficulty."

"I am my own guy and I've always kind of followed my own path. I do what I think is right. That brings me happiness. If I'm going to do something because somebody else is doing it, I see that as fake. Again, you look at these other guys and they're making the stacks of cash. Who was the first doing that? Muhammad Ali was doing that. So you're copycatting another guy. I'm just being me. I feel very comfortable being me. I don't feel obliged to be somebody else at all. I'm very proud of being me."

Especially when he thinks the guys talking so much about cash aren't really making as much as they say they are.

"People lie all the time," Overeem said. "Personally, I have a hard time believing both of them about their income."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/3...nks-conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-are-lying

"I feel very comfortable being me."

"People lie all the time,"
Overeem-Timeline.jpg

Last edited:
alistair may think Conor was serious about hat heavyweight talk. Trying to jump the line. Well played. Well played sir.

Why does he even care?

It's dumb to say conor & Floyd are copying ali. Nothing is new under the sun so i guess we're all copy cats.

Be careful what you wish for. Conor might just fuck around and flash a check stub that's more than what we all were expecting.

If anything, you'd think that understating his actual pay would benefit him and the UFC more than to fluff it and piss the other fighters off even more.

I don't believe you've had sex. Let's see some sex tapes.

This bum's jealous that the biggest star in combative sport today is making more money than him?

giphy.gif

Be careful what you wish for. Conor might just fuck around and flash a check stub that's more than what we all were expecting.

If anything, you'd think that understating his actual pay would benefit him and the UFC more than to fluff it and piss the other fighters off even more.
No chance he ever shows his income for a split second

This is the same guy who claimed he made the UFC 300-400 million last year when they in fact didnt even make that much the entire year

Overeem is mad because he wishes he hadn't juiced himself to the moon. If he were all natty he'd be about 155 , then he could try and campaign to fight the Mcgreggor and score a red panty night of his own. :D

This is the same guy who claimed he made the UFC 300-400 million last year when they in fact didnt even make that much the entire year
UFC reportedly had over $600 million in revenue for 2015. While I don't believe Conor made half that money for them, he certainly helped bring home the bacon.

UFC reportedly had over $600 million in revenue for 2015. While I don't believe Conor made half that money for them, he certainly helped bring home the bacon.
Revenue is $600 ? I've only seen 400 max , but I trust your word for it, we all know that $600 in revenue likely means that less than half of it is profit, also dont forget Ronda had 3 fights in 2015, surely that had a significant impact on those numbers

Of course he's comfortable with himself. He's tall and buff. Guys like conor need to work for it.

Back