Are actors like seagal van dam etc stolen valor guys???

12ga.

Gold Belt
Reaction score
If you pretend to be a soldier thats a crime but these guys can pretend to be martial artists with zero creds or accomplishments...should be a crime as well imo

There are people out there who believe Seagal is legit. A guy I work with said they banned Seagal's his techniques from the UFC. That's why he won't fight.

They became LEGIT black belts in martial arts long before those martial arts were exposed by wrestling and bjj. Also, they're actors(of sort). No one shits on actors who play vets, but never served.

If you pretend to be a soldier thats a crime but these guys can pretend to be martial artists with zero creds or accomplishments...should be a crime as well imo
You can be a martial artist without having any accomplishments or "credentials".

They-Took-Our-Jobs-South-Park.gif

Terrible thread, these guys did study martial arts.

Seagull is legit. One of the best aikido guys in the world. Now, if you think aikido is bullshit that's one thing, but within the bullshit system of aikido he's as legit as they come.

He did study a martial art.

Hes an actor so he can portray anything he wants.

Seagal is a Legit black belt many times over. It doesnt mean a D1 wrestler cant take him down. However youre avergae schmoe on the street would literally get destroyed by sensei seagal. Fuck any hater who says otherwise.

Seagal is a Legit black belt many times over. It doesnt mean a D1 wrestler cant take him down. However youre avergae schmoe on the street would literally get destroyed by sensei seagal. Fuck any hater who says otherwise.

Yea I wasn't sure if Ts is trolling or what.

You should challenge them to a fight. see how that goes

Not fighting in the ufc =/= not being a martial artist

Seagal and Van Dam are martial artists. Wether they can win fights against other martial artists or even common street thugs is a different matter entirely.

Van Damme is an undefeated kickboxer and won some titles before becoming a movie star. Seagal is like a 90th Dan in Aikido, so he's not impersonating shit. Yes, Aikido could be an inefficient martial art (I don't really know because I have never practiced it), but he's not saying he's a world class BJJ black belt/Muay Thai champion/Karate Mastah, so no, TS, he is not a guy without credentials posing as a legendary Martial Artist.

Maybe pretending to be one should be a crime, maybe not, but you know what should really be a crime? Making shitty threads like yours.

Seagal is a long time bb in Aikido and Van Damme in TKD iirc,also the guys are old don't expect them to be primes Anderson Silva.

Back