UFC Hamburg: Americans are not big people

The good dog

Tode
Banned
Reaction score
I know that some people will not like this because USA is meant to have bigger better everything.

On an American fight card you're lucky to have more than one fight above MW.

European card: nearly half the card is LHW or above.

Screenshot_2016-08-31-09-17-59.png

Average North American/Brazilian man is like 5'9.5" or something. That's why FW, LW, WW are the deepest, toughest divisions.

Average Dutch man is like 6'0". Danish and Norwegians about the same. Germans above 5'11". If MMA was a Viking-based aport the strongest division might even be MW.

Last edited:
The US is also much more diverse than many of those European countries. Our population isn't as homogeneous. We have people from all over the world that drive the average height and size down.

Not that that matters, we still have more champions than all of Europe combined

You've never been to the states have you?

fat-america-girl.jpg

Average North American/Brazilian man is like 5'9.5" or something. That's why FW, LW, WW are the deepest, toughest divisions.

Average Dutch man is like 6'0". Danish about the same. Germans above 5'11". If MMA was Euro-based the strongest division would probably be MW.
True. Even England and their penal colony Australia have big young people Im average there but feel like a 6'1 giant every time I go to the USA. Especially California.

image.jpeg

"Still a growing boy too!"

Hey TS unmmmm Mexico, China?

The US is also much more diverse than many of those European countries. Our population isn't as homogeneous. We have people from all over the world that drive the average height and size down.

Nah, the original male American colonists were probably around 5'6".

If anything immigration has driven the average height up.

Nah, the original male American colonists were probably around 5'6".

If anything immigration has driven the average height up.

That is literally the dumbest thing I've read today. The average height in the 18th century was lower in general than it is today, globally.

Screenshot_2016-08-31-09-17-59.png On an American fight card you're lucky to have more than one fight above MW.

Ps: some small mod deleted the last thread for no reason. Grow up.

True. Even England and their penal colony Australia have big young people Im average there but feel like a 6'1 giant every time I go to the USA. Especially California.

To be fair California is almost entirely populated by actors though, and those glamourous bastards are all under 5'6".

Urijah Faber is considered statuesque in his home state.

That is literally the dumbest thing I've read today. The average height in the 18th century was lower in general than it is today, globally.

Nah, my response was clearly a pisstake response to the actual dumbest thing you've read today, which was your own post, desperately trying to spin it as immigration driving the average height "down".

As if hundreds of thousands of Danes, Germans, Dutch, Norwegians etc haven't moved to the US along with shorties from Italy, Indonesia, Korea or whereeverthefuck.

Nah, my response was clearly a pisstake response to the actual dumbest thing you've read today, which was your own post, desperately trying to spin it as immigration driving the average height "down".

As if hundreds of thousands of Danes, Germans, Dutch, Norwegians etc haven't moved to the US along with shorties from Italy, Indonesia, Korea or whereeverthefuck.

We literally share a border with a country who's average height is 5'5" and where the majority of our immigrants come from. If you don't think that drives the average down a ton I don't know, maybe pisstake on yourself

Why was this wasteland?

It's a perfectly good comparison and discussion.

You only want Conor and Ronda the threads in this place.

The average white and black American is 5'10, which is not short and compares favorably with most countries in the world. Nobody is saying Americans are the tallest people in the world, but I don't get where all this "shorty" stuff is coming from.

Why was this wasteland?

It's a perfectly good comparison and discussion.

You only want Conor and Ronda the threads in this place.

As Han Solo once said: "Must've hit pretty close to the mark to get 'em all riled up like that, huh kid?"

I know that some people will not like this because USA is meant to have bigger better everything.

On an American fight card you're lucky to have more than one fight above MW.

View attachment 137143
You know nothing about Americans. Trust me, we do not give a shit.

What HW sport does Europe have??

Football eats up majority of a large athletes here, u got some big guys in Hockey to.

Europe its all about soccer.

Back