Because of Conor, Khabib isn't getting a title shot until late 2017, early 2018, or NEVER

FullRoundAldo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
The guy should have already been champ for years if not for his injuries and, let's say, some "creative" match making by the UFC. Now, Conor is undoubtedly going to change Eddie Alvarez's life with a fat lip and a fatter paycheck, in that order. After that, it's the trilogy with Nate. AFTER THAT, maybe, MAYBE Khabib gets his rightful shot, but Conor might still have the FW belt and might have the option to KO Jose again. If THAT happens, Khabib gets his shot in 2018, and since he trains at AKA, he might also get INJURED during all of this and postpone that title shot indefinitely.

If this was all too long to read, here is the short version: Poor Khabib.

Habib.0.jpg

#dicksoutforkhabib

It's Khabib's own fault for not getting a title shot.

If only he wasn't made of paper mache....

1 win (against a nobody) in 2 years is the reason he isn't getting a shot, not Conor.

Dana should have told Conor that he can defend the FW belt or fight Khabib. I bet that he would have defended the title.

TS is a butthurt Aldo fan, trying to stirr up some $hit.

Don't blame it on the sunshine,
Don't blame it on the moonlight,
Don't blame it on the injuries,
Blame it on McGregor!

(Alternatively, blame it on the boogie)

Khabib doesn't deserve a title shot, 1 win in 28 months against a guy ranked at #67 isn't enough, he needs a top 5 win.

And I think you'll all be surprised, Conor will defend his shiny new LW belt against Khabib although I think Ferguson will be ahead of Khabib for the shot on merit, especially if he beats RDA in his next fight.

Another Khabib thread?? Unreal for a guy who fights once a year. Or is once every 2 years ?

The guy should have already been champ for years if not for his injuries and, let's say, some "creative" match making by the UFC. Now, Conor is undoubtedly going to change Eddie Alvarez's life with a fat lip and a fatter paycheck, in that order. After that, it's the trilogy with Nate. AFTER THAT, maybe, MAYBE Khabib gets his rightful shot, but Conor might still have the FW belt and might have the option to KO Jose again. If THAT happens, Khabib gets his shot in 2018, and since he trains at AKA, he might also get INJURED during all of this and postpone that title shot indefinitely.

If this was all too long to read, here is the short version: Poor Khabib.

Habib.0.jpg

#dicksoutforkhabib

Put that into account with khabib only fights half the year and the other half he's injured

That's why khabib doesn't get shots.

I thought he definitely deserved a shot at RDA when he was champ simply because he had beaten him once already, but I'm not understanding why people are so butthurt about him needing an immediate title shot. If you look at the UFC rankings, he's beaten only one person in the top 10 and has finished none of them. There are plenty of other matches that can be made.

RDA - beat via decision
Ferguson - hasn't fought
Barboza - hasn't fought
Diaz - hasn't fought
Cerrone - hasn't fought
Pettis - hasn't fought
Poirier - hasn't fought
Chiesa - hasn't fought
Johnson - hasn't fought

Kaboob gets KOd by Eddie and Conor and gets sent back into obscurity anyway.
Enough with this Kaboob guy.

Who cares? It's Khabib. I've never even seen one of his fights and I'm a hardcore fan. He must be really boring.

Really, do you wanna see him or Conor?

Back