UFC 203 Is the CM Punk Show; No One's Talking About Miocic-Overeem

Did you know Stipe Miocic is defending his HW Title against Alistair Overeem on this card?

• Total voters
A

AronaBeatsJones

If you look at it like that, Punk has already won.

Was probably promised PPV points on top of his salary, and will likely make more than everyone on this card. I'd be curious to see how much Punk will make compared to how much Mighty Mouse made in any of his PPV main events. Probably more, I'd wager.

You guys are quibbling over his skill set and how bad he looks, but Punk's had millions of dollars in marketing spent on developing his brand, which he can monetize with his appearance fees and merchandising business ever after. He could be one-and-done, and will get more out of the UFC than 99% of MMA fighters.

Buenas noches from Punk!

Cm-Punk-with-Mustache.jpg

Nobody cares about European card fillers brah. They'se only in there to placate the Conor and Bisping fans.

Was probably promised PPV points on top of his salary, and will likely make more than everyone on this card. I'd be curious to see how much Punk will make compared to how much Mighty Mouse made in any of his PPV main events. Probably more, I'd wager.

You guys are quibbling over his skill set and how bad he looks, but Punk's had millions of dollars in marketing spent on developing his brand, which he can monetize with his appearance fees and merchandising business ever after. He could be one-and-done, and will get more out of the UFC than 99% of MMA fighters.

Buenas noches from Punk!

I really don't care about this fight at all. It's not the same situation as Brock and apparently people on Sherdog think he has some kinda belt in BJJ but it just came out that he's a white belt.

I've been jazzed about this Overeem fight for awhile now but of course I want to see CM get molested in the opening minute.

I would give the man mad props if he somehow doesn't get starched though...

im pretty pumped for the HW title fight - not sure what the fck you're going on about - stipe's boxing looks good as does his movement, but overeem has looked very good against boxers like jds and arlovski recently

yea people talk about punk - most people say hes fcked - a few others think hes being set up to win - the real fight is the main event

People want to see Punk fail. People that are not interested in a stand up war between Overeem and Miocic, should seriously consider to stop watching the sport. Very interesting fight.

Part of me thinks it's gonna be a hustle and cm punk had been trained to a pretty good standard and all these rumours are just to sandbag a bit...

Another part of me thinks cm punk gets his thrills from getting hurt...

People care about the main event, it's just low on storylines, animosity and personality to talk about

One of the most decorated MMA fighters of all time is facing the best unknown athlete in Cleveland, and all anyone cares about is a fake fighter in what amounts to his first amateur bout...

But, whatever... That dude is getting smashed, and young Mickey Gall gets the opportunity of a life time.

If I'm being real, though, I hope it's a late stoppage.

I understand what you mean but ive not given any interest in this since before the card was announced.

I myself am much more excited for that fight than Punks

I like CM Punk but I was actually thinking that there is a lot less hype now than there would have been had he fought shortly after it was announced that he would fight in the UFC.

Can't wait for one of them to get injured and then CM Punk will end up headlining it.:D

I personally could care less about cm punk iv never herd of till sherdog jumped on his nutts

Buenas noches from Punk!

"Freakshow fights" have long been a thing in the sport and always will be imo. Lesnar, Lashley, Toney, Sapp, Pudz, etc. It's good for the sport for them to show up time to time. Lesnar actually made something of it before the whole roids things. Lashley's got a pretty good record but hasn't really fought anyone and Pudz has at least put in the effort and fought good fighters. Punk isn't the first nor will he be the last. I wish him well.

Back