Wonderboy vs Nah-Shon Burrell

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That was a tough fight for Wonderboy. Burrell was pressing forward like a terminator and he closed the distance almost the entire fight while they fought in the clinch for almost the whole duration.

Scores were read as 29-28, 30-27, and 29-28 for Thompson.

Stephen has gotten more comfortable in the cage these days and has developed much better footwork so that people aren't able to get in his face like that, but could this fight be any indication of where you the fight must take place (boxing range) to beat his style?

I think Maia and Wonderboy are the most unique fighters at 170.

Maia chokes his ass out in 2 mins...

That's how you beat his style

Maia chokes his ass out in 2 mins...

That's how you beat his style

Demian Maia doesn't have better offensive wrestling than Romac imo. Actually I don't know, Maia's wrestling has been tremendous lately

7-bellator128-2.png

goat

That was so long ago. Is this still relevant now?

It's true that it's such a long time ago.

But I believe it holds just a bit of weight of how to beat Wonderboy. You obviously don't wanna be on the outside.

But since then no one has been able to make Thompson fight in boxing range or in the dirty clinch.

Demian Maia doesn't have better offensive wrestling than Romac imo. Actually I don't know, Maia's wrestling has been tremendous lately

In my opinion, Maia has better wrestling than Rory. Even freestyle techniques. Rory has excellent reactive double leg but the king of the single leg is Maia. He also gets TDs from sweeps and is much better than Rory at trip TDs. Even looking back at Maia against Weidman, Chris wanted no part of Maia. He fought extremely defensive, Chris that is, and kept the scrambling to a minimum.

Back