So Why Did Werdum Sprint Towards Stipe?

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
to this day it boggles my mind that a veteran fighter like werdum committed such a basic mistake dude got tagged and then for some reason decided to run towards stipe.

tumblr_o78bhmlLWB1qa33wlo1_500.gif

Because he was frustrated and wanted to punch him.

That looks like me during my first sparring session

Frustration set in. Before that happened he was getting beat to the punch consistently and his one feeble TD attempt failed miserably. Lost his composure.

Funny thing is that was the same card where Vitor pulled guard against Jacare lol. Hard to decide which was more stupid. Impossible question to answer.

Frustration set in. Before that happened he was getting beat to the punch consistently and his one feeble TD attempt failed miserably. Lost his composure.

Funny thing is that was the same card where Vitor pulled guard against Jacare lol. Hard to decide which was more stupid. Impossible question to answer.

I wonder how many of your likes are a direct result of that av.

Karen Page is my waifu

He did the same exact thing against Arlovski too

Because most opponents he has faced cover up and move backwards when being chased? Same reason Aldo did that against Conor.

I wonder how many of your likes are a direct result of that av.

Karen Page is my waifu
80% I'd venture to say. Karen Page is GOAT, but I've got a thing for the ging so make mine Jessica Hamby.

Over confident. He hit miocic, thought he hurt him (I don't know why) them chased him down to his own oblivion.

Because Stipe Miocic is like some guy off the street, not on Werdum's level. Werdum had zero respect for Stipe, as Stipe is the worst guy Werdum has fought in 10 years.

Because Stipe Miocic is like some guy off the street, not on Werdum's level. Werdum had zero respect for Stipe, as Stipe is the worst guy Werdum has fought in 10 years.
...what? Lol. What a piece of shit post.

Adrenaline rush from brazilian fans? Underestimated Stipe? Thought he would do short work of him?

I think the pressure of defending his title in front of his homecrowd got to him and he wanted to win fast and in a spectacular fashion, but who knows.

b0eXj.gif

Stipe tagged him a couple of times and made Werdum look like a dope in front of his own countrymen. Got pissed...and KTFO.

This. It was pure frustration at being unable to execute any effective technique of his own and getting tagged repeatedly.

Even though he's trained for years to not run after people, his normal fight techniques were not working for him and he was getting desperate to turn the tides.

Fighters aren't robots, they all make mistakes. Sometimes guys with good technical ability engage in brawls, or put themselves in bad positions, etc.. Is normal. He did something stupid; not a first for him or any fighter.

Back