Could Anderson Silva survive

Id say yeah, Silva was pretty good off his back and was really hard to hurt.

GSP must think Anderson would have survived, if no, why he keep ducking Anderson?

The only part of Silva's game that rivals his stand up is his ability to stall on the ground and not take significant punishment.

He could very well survive, but he sure wouldn't look good doing so.

I don't know if I would call GSP's GnP 'relentless'. Only time he showed good offense on the ground as far as I can remember is against Fitch and Condit.

He stuffed Chael's TDs in the 2nd round of the rematch. He kills GSP by the end of the 2nd. GSP is a lot easier to hit than most fans realize.

Survive as in make it to the final bell? Yeah.

Survive as in win? I doubt it.

I always felt that stylistically GSP was a nightmare match up for Silva, but evidently GSP didn't agree as he never seemed to want anything to do with that fight.

Did you watch the Cormier and Sonnen fights?

Yes, he would slice GSP up with his elbows and get the TKO, this has to be a 5 round fight.

HAS TO BE

H
A
S

T
O

B
E

He stuffed Chael's TDs in the 2nd round of the rematch. He kills GSP by the end of the 2nd. GSP is a lot easier to hit than most fans realize.

Agreed on him being easier to hit. GSP's TDs are much better than Chael's.

GSP's relentless takedowns and ground and pound?
GSP's ground and pound is no where as strong as Chael's. He'll take Silva down early and Silva will use the time to figure out how to sub him. 3rd round submission win for the Spider.

Survive as in make it to the final bell? Yeah.

Survive as in win? I doubt it.

I always felt that stylistically GSP was a nightmare match up for Silva, but evidently GSP didn't agree as he never seemed to want anything to do with that fight.

This. That's what i always thought. And i'm a huge Anderson fan. Always have that feeling that GSP would comfortably 50-45 the spider

Back