My take on CM Punk's available sparring footage.

Tasar

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I watched the two "Punk evolution" episodes plus that extra 3 minutes sparring footage.
First of all - I respect him for going down the road of becoming a cagefighter. So - with that being said - I will try to dissect his sparring footage.
First of all - his sparring partners are holding back bigtime. Everytime they hit him just lightly, they hold back immediately for a 30 seconds or even a minute. Punk himself looks very insecure in his movements and his style looks totally immature compared to other UFC fighters. Everything he does - he does it without confidence and everytime he gets hit, he looks as if he is in shock. I think from my perspective he should not fight a UFC fighter let alone a bellator fighter. He should try himself out in the amateur circus and go from there.

My guess is those episodes were old footage. Duke Roufus said at the very beginning of this venture that he will not let CM Punk fight unless he sees his student is ready.

Prediction
worst-boxers-ever-o.gif

I watched the two "Punk evolution" episodes plus that extra 3 minutes sparring footage.
First of all - I respect him for going down the road of becoming a cagefighter. So - with that being said - I will try to dissect his sparring footage.
First of all - his sparring partners are holding back bigtime. Everytime they hit him just lightly, they hold back immediately for a 30 seconds or even a minute. Punk himself looks very insecure in his movements and his style looks totally immature compared to other UFC fighters. Everything he does - he does it without confidence and everytime he gets hit, he looks as if he is in shock. I think from my perspective he should not fight a UFC fighter let alone a bellator fighter. He should try himself out in the amateur circus and go from there.
Truth.

But on a side note, couldn't this have been said in the threads about said sparring sessions?

No need for a new thread with each person's opinion on an already existing topic. That's what the thread is for.

I don't care. I just wanna see him fight at this stage, either he gets mashed and I get lulz or he's surprisingly good. Win-win

4qsb2u.jpg

Gall will be humbled back to a 2 bit promotion like CWFC.

Yeah he is going to get hit and probably turtle up. Haven't watched some of the vids. Do they actually fully spar with him? Wonder if he can take a real shot.

Back