Conor will destroy Alvarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
If this fight happens, and this is the most rewarding, easiest fight available for Conor probably at this point and this era seems to be that of cherry picking times, Conor would destroy Eddie Alvarez.

First time I watched Eddie was in Dream 1, so it was a while ago. I suppose I didn't watch all of his Bellator fights because at times he was fighting scrubs, but I don't think I am unfamiliar with what Eddie brings to the table, which isn't good enough at all from getting destroyed against Conor.

Eddie brings NOTHING that Conor can't just brush aside and just run through Eddie Alvarez. It's extremely obvious what Eddie will try to do in that fight, as well as what Conor will try to do, and when you put 2 and 2 together, you get Eddie just simply getting outclassed and obliterated.

I say this again, given the weight is no issue, Aldo and Edgar is much harder fight than Eddie Alvarez, BECAUSE styles make fights. I can see Eddie matching up way better against Edgar than Conor, for example. I like Eddie too. Probably a lot more than lot of people favoring Eddie over Conor, riding in his crowed bandwaggon after he became a champion. And I probably gave Eddie a lot better chance than most of people in that bandwaggon right now did when he fought RDA.

I think people who talks up Eddie Alvarez at this point has no idea who he is or what he can do and just don't know what they are talking about.

*ps: I think people should give more respect to Aldo around here. Flash kos happen, Randleman/Crocop, Serra/GSP, JDS/Cain, it doesn't necessarily show who the better fighter between the two is or what the rematch would look like in the second go around.

Alvarez is gonna wall n stall the shit out of Conor. See Alvarez vs Pettis

giphy.gif

Eddie will press Conor against the Cage and execute takedowns all night long. Eddie is smart enough not to give space to McGroggy.

Alvarez is gonna wall n stall the shit out of Conor. See Alvarez vs Pettis
Poor comparison. Conor is much better in the tight/close quarters with his striking than Pettis is. Pettis needs space and distance to work his striking game, Alvarez thwarted him in that regard.

No Alvarez will destroy McGregor.

Lol you're a salty f*ggot, McGOAT will destroy him and change his bum life

You stupid McTapper nuthugger

Fuck you

no fuck you

Eddie will press Conor against the Cage and execute takedowns all night long. Eddie is smart enough not to give space to McGroggy.
6" reach advantage Eddie will have to navigate to close the distance against a better striker. I favor Eddie if it goes round 3 and beyond for sure, but first 2 rounds Conor has the advantage imo.

Conor might do just what TS has said, but there is no way in hell he has any empirical evidence to make such a bold claim. But that is how the game is played here. If Conor does destroy Alvarez, TS gets to make the victory 'bump' the day after.

There are two people on Sherdog at the moment. Those who would gladly fondle McGregor nuts as he takes a piss. And those who would like to see him die. What happen to the good old days when people at least HALF way attempted to be unbiased and talk about fights. Now it's all who's the biggest load sucker. Also, as my opinion on the fight, I think Alvarez would win. Better well rounded skill set. Unless he's caught on his feet I don't see him losing.

Inb4 teh claims of Alvarez having a glass chin
Lol definitely not and I'm a Conor fan. Thing is though his chin isn't great, he just has excellent recovery. Not so much in his UFC fights but pre UFC he was rocked quite often.

Conor might do just what TS has said, but there is no way in hell he has any empirical evidence to make such a bold claim. But that is how the game is played here. If Conor does destroy Alvarez, TS gets to make the victory 'bump' the day after.

You can have a fucking 'empirical evidence' in predicting the outcome of a fistfight? You win the internet.

This will not be an easy fight. However Alvarez could get TKO'd.

There are two people on Sherdog at the moment. Those who would gladly fondle McGregor nuts as he takes a piss. And those who would like to see him die. What happen to the good old days when people at least HALF way attempted to be unbiased and talk about fights. Now it's all who's the biggest load sucker. Also, as my opinion on the fight, I think Alvarez would win. Better well rounded skill set. Unless he's caught on his feet I don't see him losing.

Old days like that Never existed.

Lol definitely not and I'm a Conor fan. Thing is though his chin isn't great, he just has excellent recovery. Not so much in his UFC fights but pre UFC he was rocked quite often.
At least you acknowledge this. In previous discussions of this match, people make it sound like Eddie has been ko'd a dozen times.

6" reach advantage Eddie will have to navigate to close the distance against a better striker. I favor Eddie if it goes round 3 and beyond for sure, but first 2 rounds Conor has the advantage imo.

I might agree for a second, but at the same time Eddie didn't have issues suppressing Pettis's movements. Eddie is light years ahead of McG in wrestling and MMA experience on the whole.

I want people to overlook EA, the victory will be so much sweeter.

Reminds me of Pettis vs Alvarez, Conor would not destroy him, and after 2 rounds, its all Eddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back