Maia vs. Royce Gracie

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Maia currently has 9 submission victories in the UFC. Gracie holds the record with 10. Would you be interested to see Maia face Gracie at 170?

Yes.

UFC book that shit!

Also I'd like to see Stipe vs Paul Varelans.

No. Not even remotely.
Royce's importance in history is undeniable, but even if he wasn't too old for this, bjj has evolved a lot since his golden days. It wouldn't be competitive at all.

Lol it'd look the exact same as conduit vs maia. Royce likes front kicks too.

That's dumb and you know it

Maia would crush Royce. If they could use Gis, then it would be slightly more competitive, but only slightly more.

Royce in his entire life has never had anything for Maia in the last ten years. Royce wasn't even a top grappler in the sport circuit back when UFC 1 took place, and he did participate in a few.

Maia's straw reaches across the room and drinks Royce' milkshake.

Maia would crush Royce. If they could use Gis, then it would be slightly more competitive, but only slightly more.

I don't even know if that's the case to be honest. Maia beat Jacare in a gi if I remember correctly(I could be wrong, but I'm too lazy to check)

Maia would keep it standing and beat the shit out of royce.

I don't even know if that's the case to be honest. Maia beat Jacare in a gi if I remember correctly(I could be wrong, but I'm too lazy to check)
That's right, 1-1 against each other. Maia won in Gi, Jacare in no gi. Neither man won via sub.

My point was that Royce is a better gi grappler than he is a no-gi grappler.

Maia is amazing at both--but I don't think that there is anyone in the history of MMA who is a better no-gi grappler (other than Jacare--who's MMA grappling still doesn't seem to match Maia's)

So it would be Royce vs. a great multiple world champ gi grappler, or Royce agaisnt the greatest no-gi grappler MMA has ever seen...

He'd get dominated either way, but I bet he could keep from being immediately choked out if he could use his gi.

Maia with gi or no gi, mma, bjj, adcc or whatever ruleset finishes Royce under a minute.

Back