New techniques Conor showed in the Diaz fight

db2.gif

Jesus. Can't believe how many low kicks he landed.

Landed a shit ton of low kicks but Conor was the one limping after the fight, ironically.

and then he broke his leg, his leg will never be the same

Best part of the fight for me was when Conor kept countering Nate's one-two combo. Hilarious.

Conor pieced Nate up so bad.

-

LOL @ 'jabs' ...but it's true: this is the first fight where we saw Conor using the jab with some frequency. In terms of technique, his jab still isn't very good, but it's a start.

His low kicks looked good though. Not so much the form but how he timed Nate's steps quite well.

I think that future opponents can shut these down real quick though, if they are disciplined about checking the first few properly. Conor obviously doesn't have the shin conditioning to endure this and because he is a relative novice at using them, he lands with the foot too often.

Best part of the fight for me was when Conor kept countering Nate's one-two combo. Hilarious.

Conor pieced Nate up so bad.

-
At range McGregor put on a striking clinic. Slipped everything Diaz threw and countered with something better.

LOL @ 'jabs' ...but it's true: this is the first fight where we saw Conor using the jab with some frequency. In terms of technique, his jab still isn't very good, but it's a start.

His low kicks looked good though. Not so much the form but how he timed Nate's steps quite well.

I think that future opponents can shut these down real quick though, if they are disciplined about checking the first few properly. Conor obviously doesn't have the shin conditioning to endure this and because he is a relative novice at using them, he lands with the foot too often.
If Conor decides to add leg kicks to his arsenal, i'm sure he'd get more used to getting them checked.

I am firm believer that Nate arguably won the second. But I was impressed by Conors spinning low kick, and his speed. I don't think his punching skill is above Nates, thier style is just different, but his speed and reactions (offensive not defensive) when he is fresh are pretty great.

It hurts just seeing how many kicks diaz took.

If Conor decides to add leg kicks to his arsenal, i'm sure he'd get more used to getting them checked.

It would be a very smart move. All the stuff he was trying (lows, knees, elbows, more jabs) would be much more helpful to his game than the flashy BS he has spent years drilling and using in the cage.

Using leg kicks against the Diaz bros?

Mind blowing new techniques indeed..

He was also kicking from longer range because Nate is quite a bit taller. The times in the first round where he had the energy to explode in, he tended to use the shin. But I'll be damned if he also wouldn't break his hand over Nate's head before KO'ing him, lol.

Back