"money fights" that make sense?

neil_totally

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In light of all these dudes pulling A Conor and demanding big fights (while mostly not pulling A Conor and working hard for a few years at becoming a "big fight"), what are the fights that make sense in each weight class, that are big money fights, but don't completely trample the (already fragile) rankings?

GSP vs Anderson is the money fight that makes sense.

Lawler vs. Diaz (considering that Nick Diaz seems to be a money fight after all), Dominick Cruz vs. José Aldo, Mighty Mouse vs. Dominick Cruz, DC vs. the heavyweight champ.

Cowboy vs Lawler is a money fight to me, because i'd pay my mahfucking money to see it.

A "fan" money fight that makes sense is... McGregor - Alvarez?

I'd pay to see that shit as well

Lawler vs. Diaz

If Diaz does come back, this really is the only fight that makes sense. Not only that, but it makes a TON of sense. I would also have said MacGregor/Nick Diaz, if Mcgregor would have gotten an impressive finish over Nate.

Cowboy vs Lawler is a money fight to me, because i'd pay my mahfucking money to see it.

A "fan" money fight that makes sense is... McGregor - Alvarez?

I'd pay to see that shit as well

Both awesome calls. Cowboy/Lawler would be the shit.

Lawler vs. Diaz (considering that Nick Diaz seems to be a money fight after all), Dominick Cruz vs. José Aldo, Mighty Mouse vs. Dominick Cruz, DC vs. the heavyweight champ.
giphy.gif

Connor Alvarez
Diaz lawler 2
GSP silva
Ronda holm 2

Put em all on the same card

Nate Diaz vs Lawler (a rematch that would be a slugfest)
Conor vs Khabib (trash talking, and I want to see Conor impregnated)
PVZ vs Waterson (pair up the two best looking female fighters)
Rousey vs Cyborg (been brewing for a long time)
Jones/Cormier vs HW champion
GSP vs WW champion
Lesnar vs Barnett (who can be the most juiced going in)

Conor relinquishes and gets nate 3 with winner getting titleshot bam that creates 3 miney fights.

Conor vs Nate 3
Winner vs Eddie Alvarez
Aldo vs Pettis

Conor vs Royce Gracie trilogy while Aldo defends the interim belt.

In light of all these dudes pulling A Conor and demanding big fights (while mostly not pulling A Conor and working hard for a few years at becoming a "big fight"), what are the fights that make sense in each weight class, that are big money fights, but don't completely trample the (already fragile) rankings?
By it's definition all money fights make sense. To be a 'money fight' it has to make money and it only does that if mass amounts of people want to see it.

Nate Diaz vs Lawler (a rematch that would be a slugfest)
Conor vs Khabib (trash talking, and I want to see Conor impregnated)
PVZ vs Waterson (pair up the two best looking female fighters)
Rousey vs Cyborg (been brewing for a long time)

Jones/Cormier vs HW champion
GSP vs WW champion
Lesnar vs Barnett (who can be the most juiced going in)

Yeah, that was Nick.
Yeah, I would definitely like to see that.
Yeah, at 135 or HW.

By it's definition all money fights make sense. To be a 'money fight' it has to make money and it only does that if mass amounts of people want to see it.

I think I explained what I was going for pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back