McGregor: I'm a lightweight, I'm a BIG lightweight

StopDucking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Video is timestamped:

Then he proceeded to get choked the fuck out in less than 1 minute, moved down to featherweight and is still at featherweight 6 years later.

If you wonder why he doesn't want to move up, just listen to both fighters' former promoter Graham Boylan:

The people within the industry who truly know, know that the rematch is a fight that Conor does not want. He wants nothing to do with that. Everybody knows Joseph beats Conor in every way. Conor will hold out for as long as he possibly can before doing a rematch. Joseph made him look really silly, very quickly. There's one guy is the UFC who's got Conor's number and that's Joseph.

At the start, Conor did not stand out because he was beaten in 38 seconds. It was Joe that stood out. At that time, for that 18-month period, all eyes were on Duffy. He was the one. He was injured for six months, then I brought him to train with a team in London because he wasn't getting the type of training he needed in Wales. Some renowned boxing coaches rang me and said, "This guy is unbelievable, we need him to box". Joseph left MMA for boxing, and that's when Conor took over the reins. It would have been interesting if Joseph had never made that decision.

They're ying and yang which means the whole country is split between them. The crazy, dumb kids between 17 and 21 have all shaved their heads because they are Conor fans. But the older people are more behind Joseph because he portrays more of what the Irish image is.

Everybody knows - the same way we all knew Holly Holm would defeat Ronda Rousey - that Joseph would run through Conor.

http://www.skysports.com/more-sport...seph-duffy-rematch-says-their-former-promoter

The "Pride of Ireland", ladies and gentlemen.

Screen_Shot_2015-01-18_at_8.49.28_PM.0.0.0.png

Last edited:
considering what happened, that aldo pic is embarassing...

Pretty confident Conor would lay him out nowadays based on what I've seen from him recently

Didn't Poirier take care of that guy?

And here we are today, they have the same amount of losses in the UFC but one has won a belt and made millions, while the other is still relatively unknown.

Conor is 8-1 with a title.
Duffy is 3-1 with no title.

Conor starched Poirier and Duffy lost to Poirier.

It would be like the ira ( mcgregor ) vs the British forces ( Duffy ) all over again. Rule brittania Rule Duffy

So then you are a small WW

He also bragged about being bigger than RDA and that he'd bully him in his own division. It's almost as if Conor says what is most convenient to promote himself and sell fights

Connor will not be very successful outside of the FW division.

Notice how Conor is now ducking Aldo too, lol.

Conor isn't ducking Aldo he's ducking rematches. It's pretty obvious he's scared to lose a rematch of a fight he's won. Its why only Conor is allowed a chance a redemption.

That promoter using McGregors name to boost his profile

Back