What will it take for Conor McGregor to earn your respect?

ElChapoInHisPrime

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This question is exclusively for McGregor haters, the ones who scrutinize him at every turn (a true sign of greatness btw) and undermine everything he does.

KO's the worst matchup in his division in the second round? "Short camp!" while ignoring the fact that Conor didn't train for a wrestler and was injured pretty much the entire camp.

KO's the "GOAT FW" in 13 seconds? "Fluke!" even though it was a perfectly timed counter that Conor LITERALLY EXPECTED TO A TEE. Not to mention Aldo came back and beat Edgar convincingly so he's clearly still at the top of his game.

Takes a completely high risk/low reward fight vs someone who fought a good portion of his career two weight classes above him and walks around 20-25 pounds heavier than him and is literally the worst match up for him in the entire UFC, gets taken thru the trenches, shows adversity and wins a decision while scoring 3 knockdowns against one of the best chins in MMA history? "Not impressive!"

Seriously, what can he do? Is it because he talks trash? The way he gloats about his success? The fact that he's successful period? What is it? And what can he do for you to finally respect him?

There will always be haters to those who reach success unfortunately

Well he's 0-2 against Diaz

He's good against midgets tho, but most people are

Aldo win was legit

Well I already respect him as a fighter. He's good. If he'd beat Alvarez and Aldo in the next 2 fights it would be god like. I think that's enough to retire as one of the all time greats.

He could have defended his FW title before the fuckery. Now he's about to vacate without ever defending.

I can't respect that. He is the exact opposite of what I like about a fighter and champion.

Stop getting coddled by the UFC and EARN himself a Title Shot @ LW.

I don't care if he gets a direct #1 Contender Fight against Khabib or the winner of RDA/Ferg, BUT if he EARNS himself his LW TS he definitely gets #HESPECT.

Can't just be 1-1 above MANLET division and get gifted a title shot.

<25>

Takes a completely high risk/low reward fight vs someone who fought a good portion of his career two weight classes above him and walks around 20-25 pounds heavier than him and is literally the worst match up for him in the entire UFC.

Blatant lie, the entire sentence

Nate had 30 professional fights.. 6 of them were at welterweight (2 of which were against Conor, who requested they were at welterweight), rest of them were at LW
Nate is not a welterweight, and he is not 25 lbs heavier than Conor.. never repeat this bullshit again, I mean it.

Also Nate is not the worst matchup in UFC, Edgar is.. or RDA, or pretty much everyone at Welterweight.
In fact, many considered Nate being the easy option, hand picked opponent.. its just that Conor was not good enough to beat him

You are just another casual who never heard of MMA until Conor, you get no respect and your opinion means nothing

Beat Aldo again, then Alvarez, move up to WW and face the Thompson/Woodley Winner.

Then, to truly win my respect, beat Cain Velasquez and JDS back to back.

Last edited:
Stop getting coddled by the UFC and EARN himself a Title Shot @ LW.

I don't care if he gets a direct #1 Contender Fight against Khabib or the winner of RDA/Ferg, BUT if he EARNS himself his LW TS he definitely gets #HESPECT.

Can't just be 1-1 above MANLET division and get gifted a title shot.

<25>

Then what if he wins the LW title? Wouldn't that deem the "he didn't earn it!!" claim pointless?

I think its obvious he got the respect, hes just not liked for being arrogant. He earned my respect after he decapitated poirier, i still picked against him after that. Except for the siver fight...

1) Shut his fucking mouth + stop pretending he's God. He's annoying
2) Less bullshit, more title defenses

You are just another casual who never heard of MMA until Conor, you get no respect and your opinion means nothing

yeah you're right. I didn't even know what an octagon looked like until I saw a god like tattooed Irish man on my TV screen. He truly opened the world to me.

Conor Bless

Some people are too bitter to respect greatness. Conor has done a lot for the sport.

Even people claiming they will respect him if he does X Y & Z, will most likely continue hating.

When sensitive scrubs like ts go away it will be a lot easier to like Conor.

Why the fuck do Conor fans care so much whether others like the man or not?

something like - "i apologise for how much of a classless attention whore I've been. the fact that i had fans actually encouraging this behaviour boggles my mind. to be clear - the way i behaved was pathetic and unexcusable. for the foreseeable future, i am going to spend ten hours a week serving my community, doing things like manning a soup kitchen or picking up litter in a park, to try to do some good for all the bad that i have done."

that'd be nice. wouldn't excuse his running away against Diaz tho

him losing to aldo, fredgar, then max would do it

There will always be haters to those who reach success unfortunately

Such a bullshit excuse. That isnt why he gets hate. There are tons of successful and wealthy people who are respected. Conor is just an asshole who throws it in everyones face and shits on every other fighter and acting like he IS the company and they are nothing. Hes also a bully who cuts ridiculous amounts of weight to get himself a title and got his ass whipped by a middle of the road lightweight and goes on to make excuses then barely scrapes by in the rematch with a split decision which he then gloats about and makes demands as if he just finished Nate or something.

Back