CM Punk's latest sparring video. Wow!...in a bad way.

I don't know why they thought signing this guy was a good idea.

They should have make this guy audition like they do with TUF guys they recruit

Punk is one of those guys who says "dont hit hard, i dont feel well today, lets just do it nice and slow" before every sparring...

How can a respected comission and UFC match makers sign on this? Dada vs Kimbo and Shamrock vs Gracie was at lest evenly matched.

I would lay money on Dana knocking him out in a boxing match, let alone a pro fighter in a MMA one...

Good thing is that they at least matched him up with a grappler so he can , maybe , make it out alive..

Last edited:
How can a respected comission and UFC match makers sign on this?.
Because hes fighting a 2-0 fighter
Do you think everyone looks like Anderson Silva at the beginning of their pro career

Brooks seems like a nice guy. It's a shame he's going to get embarrassed.

He's not a very athletically inclined individual.

I'm not sure this guy is a PPV king.

I might be wrong tho.
I agree hes nowhere near Brock level when it comes to fan interest and PPV buys but if it worked with one rassler why not sign another and see what happens
If he gets destroyed and washes out quickly then oh well hes just another James Toney and the UFC moves on, if he strings a few wins together and starts to get some more mainstream eyes on the product hey even better
UFC has nothing to lose in this situation so why not see how it plays out

How can a respected comission and UFC match makers sign on this? Dada vs Kimbo and Shamrock vs Gracie was at lest evenly matched.

It's a totally legit fight as far as Athletic Commissions are concerned. A guy with zero pro fights versus a guy with 2 pro fights is a pretty fair matchup. As for the UFC signing off on it...... I don't mind it at all, and think there are more pro's to it than con's, but I get why people are salty about it.

Yeah I watched some evolution of punk and the only thing that looks good is his wife. At least she makes it worth sitting through.

His striking defense is terrible. His striking is labored. He looks uncoordinated. His grappling game resembles a beached dolphin.

One plus is he has eaten some pretty big punches and not really flinched.

Maybe Gall will walk into a hail Mary.

Back