Next CONOR fight should be ALDO, with FRANKIE in the co-main ... Y/N?

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
Obviously Conor has to prove the quick victory over Aldo was no fluke, but ...

Aldo mounted 10 defenses (9 successful) and pulled out injured from 5, which suggests there's a 33.3% chance of withdrawal when he fights (15 bout agreements, 5 withdrawals). Not Chris Weidman bad (4(3) and 3), but still not flash.

Even allowing for the fact fighters are less likely to pull out of a challenge than a defense, Aldo is out of an old-school hard-ass camp who beat the fuck out of each other, so the risk can't be ignored that if they book the he-match Aldo might break himself before he gets to the dance.

Meanwhile, the only other 145 lb fight most fans still want to see for Conor, due to the style match-up, is Frankie, to answer certain questions on whether Conor, who's seemed vulnerable to wrestling at times, could handle Frankie's takedown blitz. (Sure Full Camp Chad would be nice, but you can't blame Conor for Naughty Chad taking himself off the menu.)

So put Frankie in the co-main slot as back-up to the Conor/Jose rematch. I don't care who Frankie fights, as long as it's not Holloway (it'd be promotionally dumb-as-fuck to risk Holloway's run). Jeremy Stephens or Dennis Bermudez would be a solid opponent I guess.

Tell me I'm a genius.

Last edited:
Frankie Edgar needs to go away.

Let's see if I understand your math... 5 pullouts / the 5 pullouts + 10 defenses = 5/15 = 1/3 = 33.333% = Just a hater.

So where are you getting 50% from? (and how are you counting of 5 pullouts exactly?)

I'm saying Aldo should get the fight he wants and you're saying I'm an Aldo-hater?

You may be a math genius, but you're dumb as fuck when it comes to hater-identification.

conor needs to get that LW belt before the Eagle builds his nest on top of the division.

More interested in seeing him vacate, go for the 155 strap, and then go back and rematch Aldo with the 155 belt if he pulls it off.

I agree with you TS.

or vacate the FW belt, which is what Conor does not want to do, at least I'm guessing so from the last post fight presser.

Frankie vs. either Sthephens or Bermudez should be a fun fight as well.

Let's see if I understand your math... 5 pullouts / the 5 pullouts + 10 defenses = 5/15 = 1/3 = 33.333% = Just a hater.

So where are you getting 50% from? (and how are you counting of 5 pullouts exactly?)
Conor mind games and Aldo's emotions make it more likely. I seriously do not trust Aldo to show up. Conor would have to get a LW fight without proper preparations.

Yes, and if not, then recognize that he is a one-and-done champ and strip him.

The funny thing about Conor's claims of not being interested in the rematch is that Aldo is a bigger money fight than Alvarez, RDA, Cerrone or whatever else Dana can come up with.

More interested in seeing him vacate, go for the 155 strap, and then go back and rematch Aldo with the 155 belt if he pulls it off.

If he vacates he's done with wrecking his internal organs to make 145. Aldo would have to go to 155 to fight him. And Aldo would have to re-establish himself with at least one defense (vs Holloway) of his regained title.

Which is as it should be.

Aldo mounted 10 defenses (9 successful) and pulled out injured from 5, which suggests there's a 50% chance of withdrawal when he fights.
Your math is a bit off here.

He had 10 UFC/WEC title defense fights prior to UFC 200 (9 successful, as you say). He was booked 5 other times and had to withdraw due to injury - that's 15 fights that were signed, and he withdrew from 5. That's a 33.3% chance, not a 50% chance.

Edgar is coming off a loss. He shouldn't be backup. Pay Holloway to train as backup.

Back