This is the best time for Edgar to move down to BW division.

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
1 - He just lost to Aldo... again...

2 - Max Holloway is on a 9 fight winning streak... he´s probably the next in line after the Aldo vs Conor rematch but either way, now there´s also Pettis, and in case Conor beats Aldo again, the ufc would certainly put Holloway or Pettis against Conor, they don´t want Edgar anywhere near Conor, after all Edgar just lost, right? ... Edgar is a Cardio machine with great wrestling, and with one of the best chin and heart...

3 - There´s also the possibility that Conor gets a title against Alvarez and never goes back down again, so Aldo would be the reigning champ and they´ll never make Aldo vs Edgar III, so unless Aldo loses to Holloway or Pettis, it can take a loooong time for Edgar to have a shot at that belt again.

4 - He´d generate some interest at the BW division with some really nice fights against guys like Dodson, Garbrandt, Lineker, TJ and Dominick. With 1 or 2 good wins he´d probably have a shot at the title.

What do you guys think?
frank edgar.jpg

Cruz vs Edgar is the superfight I've been wanting to see for a while.

Cruz vs Edgar is the superfight I've been wanting to see for a while.
I´d love to see it too, but I don´t think it would be fair if he got that shot straight away, I would like to see him against TJ first.

He should move down, but he doesn't deserve an instant title shot

First a fight against TJ and if he beats him and defeats Dom after that, you couldn´t deny his achievement.

So glad ppl arent saying conor is ducking frankie anymore.

I like the idea, TJ vs Frankie would be a helluva fight

I think Frankie should keep his options open. He could just as easily win a fight at 145 to earn an instant 135 title shot, as he could by winning a fight at 135. And there's 2 things he should be looking out for: title shots and red panty nights.

Frankie should just look for good fights in either division. And if a title fight at 145 or 135 or a fight against McGregor presents itself, then he should obviously take it. It doesn't really matter what division he fights in in the meantime. He should look for exciting style matchups and obviously winnable fights. 1 or 2 could be enough to get him that fight he ultimately wants.

He should be hoping Aldo loses, if he ever wants to fight for the 145 title again, because there's no way Frankie/Jose III is happening

Cruz vs Frankie co-main MSG
TJ vs Cody for next title shot
Dodson vs Linekar
Almaeida vs Sterling
Caraway vs Marlon
Manny vs Faber
Assuncao vs Rivera
Takeya vs McDonald

I've always wondered why people think Frankie is a nightmare matchup for Conor.

If anything, I think Frankie would die against Conor. Frankie is best against grapplers whom he can outwrestle and outbox, and defend against all their submission attempts. Look at this record -- his wins are against Mendes, Faber, Swanson, Oliveira, Maynard, Miller, Sherk, Franca, Griffin.

When he went up against strikers like Bendo, and Aldo, he was outclassed.

BJ Penn is a special case but let's just say that Frankie outwrestled him and outstruck him and outcardioe'd him, and he's just got BJ's number.

But how would he match up against Conor? He'd probably get KTFO. Sure Conor doesn't have Bendo and Aldo's cardio, but I don't think he'll need it. He hits a lot harder than Aldo or Bendo and can probably put Frankie away.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree but in the Conor McGregor era its probably wisest to stay in the division he might still compete in for a chance to get that red panty night however slim those chances may be. If Conor fights Aldo then Edgar would be foolish to move to BW, there is always a high probability that Aldo pulls out so there is still a chance Edgar could fight McGregor as a late replacement.

Yea.
I think he'd beat both Cruz and TJ.

BW is actually a somewhat overrated and weak division, IMO.
Edgar would school them.

I´d love to see it too, but I don´t think it would be fair if he got that shot straight away, I would like to see him against TJ first.

Fuck it. Would love to see that fight too. Make it a main event so I can see 5 rounds.

He should. But he'd have to fight at least 2 top bw contenders for a shot

Under normal circumstances I'd agree but in the Conor McGregor era its probably wisest to stay in the division he might still compete in for a chance to get that red panty night however slim those chances may be. If Conor fights Aldo then Edgar would be foolish to move to BW, there is always a high probability that Aldo pulls out so there is still a chance Edgar could fight McGregor as a late replacement.
No, they´d probably call Diaz again, they could´ve put Edgar when it mattered, but they called vacation Mendes.

Back