Let's get something straight about Conor

snowbro

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
OK so I've been reading the same bullshit over and over and over. Let's get something straight here people. Conor DID NOT dominate Nate on the feet in their first fight, and Conor's win over Nate in the second fight WAS NOT questionable.

Conor landed some shots in the first fight and then got lit up standing by Nate.

Conor clearly won the second fight against Nate no question about it.

Why can MMA fans not stay objective?

On another note, people saying "ohhh Conor was running". This is MMA, basically the cheapest sport there is. It was started off by people spamming ground game and lay and praying in an octagon designed to help grapplers with a UFC rule set of no kicks on the ground but elbows allowed. We all see how that changes everything when watching Pride fights. So if someone can tie up and clinch to avoid shots and recover, then why not run to avoid shots? This reminds me of people complaining about using certain guns in fps online. Ohh he's using the p90 its so cheap! Then use it yourself dude.

I'm confused. I want to say "saltyyyyy" but I don't know if that works here.

Objective and unbiased are two words rarely found on this forum amigo. While I applaud your attempt to educate, it falls on incredibly deaf ears.

Another thing, Nate is a very good fighter but not a top tier fighter. McGregor hasn't proven shit other than that he can leg kick a guy who never checks leg kicks. He needs to go down to FW or give up his belt and fight his way to a LW title shot.

The Diaz bros train week in week out to fight to the death. McGregor used to do this too, but now he spends 300k to make sure his cardio holds up for 25 minutes so he can do his usain bolt impression

Conor will fall victim to the Diaz curse, just ask that runner boy Condit.

good post except not to sure conor got lit up in 1st fight he got hit with a combo that people make to be more than it was because he was out of steam and couldnt hold his hands up anymore.

2-0 look at his face no mark on it

14203372_487558024773267_8194024545930677469_n.jpg

Let's get something straight u assholes

Another thing, Nate is a very good fighter but not a top tier fighter. McGregor hasn't proven shit other than that he can leg kick a guy who never checks leg kicks. He needs to go down to FW or give up his belt and fight his way to a LW title shot.

I think Conor should go back to 145 and KO dudes for a few years. That would be extremely entertaining for me. I want to see him dominate people and always have that wonder if the next guy will be the one to do it. I DEFINITELY did not think Weidman was going to be the one to dethrone Anderson.

I thought that was obvious when Nate clipped him up. Re-watching Conor used way too much trunk movement mainly outside slipping to nates left and got clipped over and over by 1-2 until he couldnt stand anymore and went to panic wrestling.

However the second fight Conor did dominate. Used inside slip off nates jab and made him pay every round and in the 4th round the jab. Never got rocked not hit very hard at all circling to Nates right always (sometime running there haha) Anyway. Nates face and knockdowns spoke for itself.

Was going to come in here and insult you but you actually make sense which is strange for this forum,.

good post except not to sure conor got lit up in 1st fight he got hit with a combo that people make to be more than it was because he was out of steam and couldnt hold his hands up anymore.

I can see how people would debate on if that shot hurt him. In my opinion, I think those 2 punches are what won Nate the fight. Also, on replays I can see Nate walking through Conor's punches. Conor was supposed to lose this rematch, and went to the drawing board and figured out how to win, and did it. With leg kicks etc. It was very cool to see him overcome and get this win for himself.

On another note, people saying "ohhh Conor was running".

That was definitely exaggerated somewhat, but mostly because Conor was too tired to even hide the fact he was tired and was desperately gazing longingly at the clock to save his ass from Nate The Terminator.

But I agree Conor won the fight fair and square, even if he was forced to make himself look like a goofball at times to do it.

That was definitely exaggerated somewhat, but mostly because Conor was too tired to even hide the fact he was tired and was desperately gazing longingly at the clock to save his ass from Nate The Terminator.

But I agree Conor won the fight fair and square, even if he was forced to make himself look like a goofball at times to do it.
He wasnt just running at random. Always ran to nates right from Nates power hand his left. He "ran" whole right with lateral moment the same direction but lateral movement doesn't get criticized as much as walking or turning back and walking. I guess ppl dont see it compared to actually walking. But it always had strategy behind it despite how it looked. To get away from nates left and reset.

I can see how people would debate on if that shot hurt him. In my opinion, I think those 2 punches are what won Nate the fight. Also, on replays I can see Nate walking through Conor's punches. Conor was supposed to lose this rematch, and went to the drawing board and figured out how to win, and did it. With leg kicks etc. It was very cool to see him overcome and get this win for himself.
i totally agree even though conor wasnt hurt by that 1-2 he knew a few more of those and im getting put out and then tried to go for the takedown.

Back