Fan Files Lawsuit Against Jon Jones for Drug Use Before UFC 200

What is your reaction to this lawsuit?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to the complaint, Slattery is an MMA fan who purchased tickets to UFC 200 “for the express purpose” of watching Jones. He alleges, “Just before the fight, however, Jones was dropped from the fight card after officials learned that he had tested positive for banned performance-enhancing and/or masking substances. Plaintiff was thus robbed and defrauded of the value of the tickets, wherein he suffered both economic and non-economic harm, as a result of Jones’s actions in violating anti-doping regulations, and First Round’s complicity therein. In the alternative, Jones failed to disclose other controlled substances, and in doing so was negligent, to the relevant testing officials which again deprived Plaintiff of the value of his tickets.”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/2...es-first-round-management-negligence-mma-news

Goat fan. Wonder what his sherdog name is

I'm sorry. I had to.

Don't they have disclaimer that protects them from unscheduled/unforeseen circumstances? I mean, that would be obvious if you're running a fight/entertainment org.

Don't they have disclaimer that protects them from unscheduled/unforeseen circumstances? I mean, that would be obvious if you're running a fight/entertainment org.

Yes, surprised a lawyer took this on lol. There is a disclaimer and laws in place for this because it happens all the time.

I hope it gets tossed and the "fan" has to pay court costs and attorneys fees.

My reaction is lol. No wtf, no omg, just straight up lol. I chuckled when I saw the original topic earlier, because it's ridiculous, but I can't say I'm actually surprised by it. I'm not. In fact, I think I'm more surprised that it's taken this long for something like this to happen. Wouldn't have been at all surprising around UFC 151 or UFC 176 since those events were outright cancelled.

Only thing I imagine will come of this is the guy filing the lawsuit will regret his decision by the end of it.

Does "card subject to change " protect the fighter or just the UFC? Fuckin lawyers man.

Hmm, pretty sure i remember correctly that refunds were offered the day Jones was pulled from the card. I remember debating whether or not to get my money back, but I had friends who really wanted to go so we just said fuck it.

This will be thrown out with extreme scorn.

Back