Very excited to see more of Pettis at 145

Martialarts123

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
His fight with Oliveira was actually one of his harder stylistic matchups at the weight. I can really see him beating guys like Lamas and Swanson. He also matches up very well with Holloway, Edgar, and Aldo. Only entertaining fights are ahead for Showtime, and I'm very excited.

Pettis vs Conor would be huge.

His fight with Oliveira was actually one of his harder stylistic matchups at the weight. I can really see him beating guys like Lamas and Swanson. He also matches up very well with Holloway, Edgar, and Aldo. Only entertaining fights are ahead for Showtime, and I'm very excited.

Anyone who did watch Holloway vs Lamas knows that he beats Pettis. Holloway pressure game was on point.

Hope Pettis gets the belt, otherwise he will need to do the Atkins Diet and drop yet again and fight PVZ.

He's still adjusting to that weight so his cardio will only get better too imo. Glad to see Pettis doing well again. He's one of the most entertaining fighters in the ultimate defining championship.

me too hopefully it lights that fire inside him

Pettis vs Conor would be huge.
I got Pettis shaking up the world there. I see him being just as good on the feet and light-years ahead on the ground.

Am I in the twilight zone here? Oliveira should have been one of the easier matchups for him at FW, and he struggled way more than he should have against him. Aggressive, controlling wrestlers like Lamas, Edgar, Bermudez (Mendes if he wasn't suspended) are his worst nightmare, and I saw nothing from Pettis that makes me think he can hang with Holloway, Aldo or McGregor. He gassed after a single round for fuck's sake.

I was elated to see Pettis break his downward spiral, but man that fight did not give me high hopes for his future at the top of FW. I don't like his prospects.

Personally I'd like to see him go back to 155. He looked horrible at the weigh ins, and his performance in the fight wasn't great either. Oliveira is kind of middle-of-the-pack, and he gave Pettis quite a fight for a guy who isn't a great striker, or grappler for that matter.

Yeah, it's nice to see him back in the win column.

I think he's got another fight to go before he tangles with the 2 bosses at the top.

Am I in the twilight zone here? Oliveira should have been one of the easier matchups for him at FW, and he struggled way more than he should have against him. Aggressive, controlling wrestlers like Lamas, Edgar, Bermudez (Mendes if he wasn't suspended) are his worst nightmare, and I saw nothing from Pettis that makes me think he can hang with Holloway, Aldo or McGregor. He gassed after a single round for fuck's sake.

I was elated to see Pettis break his downward spiral, but man that fight did not give me high hopes for his future at the top of FW. I don't like his prospects.

Most are quick to forget any kind of struggle someone has in a fight as long they finish it. He could have very well lost the fight if Oliveira just continued to pressure on the feet. If that happened, the same people high on him right now, would say he needs to be cut and his performance was shit.

Back