Mc Conor good. But as good as he believes???

colorado

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I enjoy the guy and think he is a great striker and an amazing entertainer However, it is hard to ignore his loss to Nate and his performance on the second bout. Maybe I am delusional, but his second bout arose more questions than answers, at least to me. Just look how RDA handled Nate for instance. At the end of the day you have to believe in yourself, however I think Conor is more in the delusional side of things. But what do I know!!!

Im sure he is aware of his weaknesses and trains very hard to improve. Also, he understand that he must make himself appear more skilled to frighten opponents.

Styles makes fights. Nate is a bad match up.

Conor would finish RDA in the first.

Mc Conor spits hot fire on the mic

he's crazy talented for sure. but i think he's got crazy (borderline delusional) belief in himself for sure. but who's to say that's a bad thing. look where he is.

Every fighter believes they are the best, and if they don't they are retired soon after. It's the stupidest thing people point out when trying to hate on Conor.

He's a bully fighter who folds at the first sign of adversity. There will be future opponents who push him harder than Nate could and I'm interested to see how he responds to that, considering the 300k he spent just to psyche himself up.

McGregor is not as good as he boasts..."The left uppercut will finish Nate Diaz"
"He will be finished"...it's his mantra he keeps repeating but obviously he had no experience with a guy as durable as Diaz.

He tends to talk before he actually experiences it, in a nutshell. Whether his predictions hit or miss, he hypes up the fight that a lot of people want to see it.

Obviously not. He predicted he'd finish Diaz twice. The first time he got choked out and the second fight was a very difficult decision win.

He was talking about being a 3 division champ. He's good but come on.

I enjoy the guy and think he is a great striker and an amazing entertainer However, it is hard to ignore his loss to Nate and his performance on the second bout. Maybe I am delusional, but his second bout arose more questions than answers, at least to me. Just look how RDA handled Nate for instance. At the end of the day you have to believe in yourself, however I think Conor is more in the delusional side of things. But what do I know!!!
Conor said in post fight interview he felt fat at 170. If he fully committed to being 170 I'm sure things would be different.

As someone who's half muscle and half fat that weighs 280 lbs; I can assure you feeling fat is horrible.

Both fights at 170 against Diaz were actually incredible. A lot of people speculate that if they smaller guys move up they get destroyed, and Conor moved up two weight classes and did very well.

Even in the first fight Conor did well, but he wasn't as composed as the second fight. I feel if Conor went to the ground and actually used ground and pound he would've done a lot better. Even if Nate Diaz is a black belt in BJJ.

Looking at his highlight reels you can clearly see he's very talented. To me if he were more like Jon Jones: great on the feet and ground, you'd have a monster of a fighter who could rule MMA for a decade.

Just the opposite stylistically nate is an easier match up then rda.

RDA is way too agressive and his chin is too bad to a fight with Conor be any good for him.

Conor will just need to stop 1 TD. That's all.

Cowboy vs. Lawler would be a great fight.

McSherdog

He's a bully fighter who folds at the first sign of adversity. There will be future opponents who push him harder than Nate could and I'm interested to see how he responds to that, considering the 300k he spent just to psyche himself up.
So you don't think he had any adversity during the 2nd fight. You're almost as bad as the people giving Nate a 10-8.

So you don't think he had any adversity during the 2nd fight. You're almost as bad as the people giving Nate a 10-8.
Conor spent 300k to psyche himself up for Nate. Which he probably isn't going to spend for future opponents. It's right there in my comment that you just replied to. ;)

Conor spent 300k to psyche himself up for Nate. Which he probably isn't going to spend for future opponents. It's right there in my comment that you just replied to. ;)
That still makes no sense. "Did he face adversity and fold in the 2nd?" "No he spent 300k on his camp"

Styles makes fights. Nate is a bad match up.

Conor would finish RDA in the first.

Sometimes Johnny you post some crazy sh!t..?

Mc Conor spits hot fire on the mic

Peteyandjia, I post this kind a stuff when I'm drunk or high & listening to vibes...

@CJohnny listen to this guy ^^^^^ RDA is a bully fighter Conor can't just roll up on RDA and not expect push back or a nasty TD. Conor is far from the big man @LW Nate doesn't get smaller, RDA, Khabib, Ferguson, @155.

The guys lost his mind if he seriously believes he ever holds a ww title

That still makes no sense. "Did he face adversity and fold in the 2nd?" "No he spent 300k on his camp"
Is every fight from here on going to be a rematch in which he was humiliated in the first fight? No. There is no extra incentives for him from here on out, meaning he is prone to repeat the mistakes he made when he first lost to Nate, I.e depending on mental warfare and touchbutt then checking out as soon as he's faced with someone who doesn't wilt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back