Couture "Diaz needs to work on his takedowns"

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

I agree with Handy. Had Diaz focused more on takedowns he may of had a better opportunity to work off top position which could've led to subs on his part. He chose to stand up with a faster more technical guy and he got dropped because of it. I'd just change that approach to focus on that in a 3rd fight and i bet he wins

dumb advice, stop encouraging fighters to become boring blankets randy.

If he got a takedown early in one of the rounds he probably would have won. If Nate doesnt submit him, it would would atleast tire Conor out a lot more.

Not everyone has to be grappling orientated ye old goof. Randy was boring as fuck to watch.

Nate Diaz could have been great if he focused on the holes in his game (wrestling/checking kicks/kicking).
He never did and never will.
So he's destined to be average.

Couture "The sky is blue"

Foolish only because diaz is already the fighter he wants to be.

Take down would've been helpful in that fight, biggest advantage Nate had over Conor was the ground game but he can't get it there so yeah take downs would've helped.

The Diaz Bros tend to be killers on the ground, they certainly don't lay n' pray.

If they took people down more, they would have more submission victories.
But that would make the Diaz bros huge hypocrites for shitting on other panic wrestlers who spam takedowns early into the fight. It's okay to take them down after you hurt them on the feet, but to immediately avoid fighting them on the feet is what they call in the streets "a bitch move".

I agree with Handy. Had Diaz focused more on takedowns he may of had a better opportunity to work off top position which could've led to subs on his part. He chose to stand up with a faster more technical guy and he got dropped because of it. I'd just change that approach to focus on that in a 3rd fight and i bet he wins

He's got Shields in his camp already. Diaz is what he is, at this point in his career. His biggest "mistake", was to tell McGregor to stop playing touch-butt. McGregor basically took his advice, brought in pro boxers, BJJ black belts... and you saw the improvement.

Its actually sound advice. Dont know why some are hating.

Diaz bros are better on the ground then like 80% of their opponents, I respect that they love to scrap but man they could get some easy wins if they could get people down.

If he got a takedown early in one of the rounds he probably would have won. If Nate doesnt submit him, it would would atleast tire Conor out a lot more.
Nate isn't changing or evolving ever. Love him as a fighter but he's not smart enough to adapt.

When's Randy gonna become a top level trainer? These pioneers need to get back in the gym and train young sprouts, it's the best way to stay in the game AND the best way for our sport to grow!

Nate should have ran like conor
so that he could've avoided the
knockdown. & so that us Diaz
fans could gloat about game
plans, footwork & skill.

Randy is not wrong. Strong TD ability would be very beneficial to Nate with his boxing game and ground skills. Another offensive option to put his opponents in his world. Would have helped him a lot in the fight with Conor.

Back