Championship fights shouldn't be 5 rounds

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't get why MMA needs to extend the length of champshionship contests by 66%. The Superbowl doesnt have an extra 40 minutes. The World Cup final isn't 150 minutes long. Why does it make sense in fighting if it makes no sense for other sporting contests? I want to see who the best is when the athletes are fresh. I don't care who is the best at not getting tired.

MMA isn't a team sport, guy. Boxing has had more rounds for title fights for most of its history.

It should be until someone quits or can't fight any longer.

Gives you a more accurate of who is better fighter is in real life. Cardio, heart and perseverance are aspects that show who a better fighter is

By your logic, we could have 1 round or 1 minute fights to see who the best is

Wasteland this shit please

Gives you a more accurate of who is better fighter is in real life. Cardio, heart and perseverance are aspects that show who a better fighter is

By your logoc, we could have 1 round or 1 minute fights to see who the best is

Any amount of time is arbitrary. It is just strange to have 2 arbitrary contest times in mma when other sports have 1.

it definitely should be until one decides to quit.

to make the sport more realistic the entire fight should be 1 single 30 second or maybe a minute-ish round... or about the time it would take for the correction officers or schoolyard officials to break up the fight.

Even deflated Vitor would hold every title at Middleweight and above

There is much stupid here, yes, I can feel it in the air.

It's as if someone farted in the cheese aisle, no?

It changes the fight. Some guys fade, some make a comeback, it's more special. Don't see why it shouldn't be.

Makes it more exciting when it's 5 rounds. Who doesn't love seeing 5 round wars? Condit vs Lawler, Jones vs Gus, Gus vs DC, Lawler vs Rory, Nate vs Conor.

Fuck that , the hump guy like Clay Guida would be champ go die & fuck u

I'd like to see the return of the 10 minute first round a la pride. So many more finishes with 10 minute first and a 5 minute overtime than 3 five minute rounds.

srtDR6W.gif

I'd like to see the return of the 10 minute first round a la pride. So many more finishes with 10 minute first and a 5 minute overtime than 3 five minute rounds.

So many more finishes with stomps, soccer kicks, and knees to the head of a downed opponent. And also steroids. Lots and lots of steroids.

Championship fights should have more rounds, imo. I would rather have main non-title events to be 3 rounds. It usually brings out more action.

Championship fights should be have no time limit imo.

You are right, they should just fight till there is a winner, rounds are dumb.

Back