Robbie Lawler vs Rory Macdonald - Quickfire highlights

conorgoat

KOfinger is my little bitch
@purple
Reaction score
This shit is so good, what a bloody war my god WAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

lTJcxZV.gif

How did Rory not win that decision? Robbie only won the last round!

Lawler was p4p the most just bleed of all champs. what a fucking entertaining title run.

How did Rory not win that decision? Robbie only won the last round!
Hard to win a decision when there is no decision

Also Robbie didn't only win the last round. Rory however was losing comfortably except when he landed that headkick and rocked Robbie which surged him for the last minute of r3 and the first minute of r4. He lost like 80% of that fight time wise

Holy shit I never realized how bad Rory's movement is. Zero lateral movement

Best five minutes I've ever spent on Sherdog.

What a freakin war. I'm glad both of those guys chose fighting because I feel like they were both super close to being serial killers

Hard to win a decision when there is no decision

Also Robbie didn't only win the last round. Rory however was losing comfortably except when he landed that headkick and rocked Robbie which surged him for the last minute of r3 and the first minute of r4. He lost like 80% of that fight time wise
I am not sure what you were watching but I heard he was up 3-1 going into the 5th. Scoring rounds thats how I had it. Impressive performance by both guys and Robbie got the finish so there is no debating the decision. What Rory did with a broken nose for most of that fight was nothing short of amazing. Hardly ever see fighters break their nose at the UFC level and its just bad luck for Rory that he did. Of course Robbie's fists had something to do with it. LOL

Both guys are true warriors and that was FOTY so hats off the them both.

I am not sure what you were watching but I heard he was up 3-1 going into the 5th. Scoring rounds thats how I had it. Impressive performance by both guys and Robbie got the finish so there is no debating the decision. What Rory did with a broken nose for most of that fight was nothing short of amazing. Hardly ever see fighters break their nose at the UFC level and its just bad luck for Rory that he did. Of course Robbie's fists had something to do with it. LOL

Both guys are true warriors and that was FOTY so hats off the them both.
He was up 3-1, but he won 2 of those rounds by stealing them with damage and he won the other because they had to pick a winner.
R1 was uneventful, they literally landed the same and landed without doing anything with it, feeler round that Rory was gifted because he landed like 1 more strike.
R2 was Lawlers
R3 was Rorys, but the majority of the round wasnt. He landed that head kick which rocked Lawler and then tee'd off landing like 20 strikes on the cage.
R4 starts with Rory landing another kick and Lawler still being hurt, basically repeating r3 landing lots of strikes on Robbie who tries to recover at the cage. Lawler recovered and spent the last 3-4 minutes of the round walking Rory down and landing on him.
R5 is Robbie landing on him like all the other rounds.

I mean Rory was doing good and it was an epic fight, just tired of this "Rory was winning" BS when really he only had short lived succes due to rocking Lawler with a head kick through his guard. A majority of the fight was Lawler countering the jab and throwing his own jab much more effectively.

I am bias towards Lawler, admittedly. ok. the first round was close but I don't see how Rory would of won it, I had Lawler winning the first round he landed more impactful strikes. I guess alot of other people saw something different. The fight was back and forth, Rory had it on the scorecards but that had alot to do with the headick that hurt Robbie badly. Without that headkick Robbie was on his way to perhaps an easier time. Robbie busted him up in the 2nd and was winning the first couple minutes of the third. but you never know.

He was up 3-1, but he won 2 of those rounds by stealing them with damage and he won the other because they had to pick a winner.
R1 was uneventful, they literally landed the same and landed without doing anything with it, feeler round that Rory was gifted because he landed like 1 more strike.
R2 was Lawlers
R3 was Rorys, but the majority of the round wasnt. He landed that head kick which rocked Lawler and then tee'd off landing like 20 strikes on the cage.
R4 starts with Rory landing another kick and Lawler still being hurt, basically repeating r3 landing lots of strikes on Robbie who tries to recover at the cage. Lawler recovered and spent the last 3-4 minutes of the round walking Rory down and landing on him.
R5 is Robbie landing on him like all the other rounds.

I mean Rory was doing good and it was an epic fight, just tired of this "Rory was winning" BS when really he only had short lived succes due to rocking Lawler with a head kick through his guard. A majority of the fight was Lawler countering the jab and throwing his own jab much more effectively.
That's an interesting way of looking at it. I can't say that you disagree with me because you said yourself Rory was winning 3-1. Its funny that you dismiss everything Rory did as not Effective or Important. If we did that with Robbie take away the one punch that broke his nose in the 2nd and the one that finished him in the 5th and Rory killed him. Unfortunately we cant do that. I like to give credit where it is due and Rory was winning that fight by a fairly wide margin and Robbie used one of his weapons and that is his durability.

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I can't say that you disagree with me because you said yourself Rory was winning 3-1. Its funny that you dismiss everything Rory did as not Effective or Important. If we did that with Robbie take away the one punch that broke his nose in the 2nd and the one that finished him in the 5th and Rory killed him. Unfortunately we cant do that. I like to give credit where it is due and Rory was winning that fight by a fairly wide margin and Robbie used one of his weapons and that is his durability.
Horseshit post. When they were ACTUALLY EXCHANGING, Robbie was winning.
When Robbie got wobbled, Rory got in half the significant strikes he landed in the entire fight over 2 minutes.

So yes, Rory was winning the fight because he wobbled Robbie. But then Robbie finished him with another strike. And all the time inbetween both guys being hurt badly, belonged to Robbie. We're talking atleast 15 minutes out of the 21 being Lawlers.
When they were actually exchanging with each other, it was Lawler winning. Outstriking Rory almost the entire fight. Facts are facts, Rory landed half his strikes in 2 minutes of the fight.

Horseshit post. When they were ACTUALLY EXCHANGING, Robbie was winning.
When Robbie got wobbled, Rory got in half the significant strikes he landed in the entire fight over 2 minutes.

So yes, Rory was winning the fight because he wobbled Robbie. But then Robbie finished him with another strike. And all the time inbetween both guys being hurt badly, belonged to Robbie. We're talking atleast 15 minutes out of the 21 being Lawlers.
When they were actually exchanging with each other, it was Lawler winning. Outstriking Rory almost the entire fight. Facts are facts, Rory landed half his strikes in 2 minutes of the fight.

I was there live and very drunk so I may be remembering it wrong but I did watch the video the next day. What Facts are you referring to? Rory out landed Robbie every round but the 5th and Rocked him in the 3rd and 4th. Not sure how that qualifies as a Horsesh!t post?

Fight Metric has broken down here http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/ecb4534c0066c5f3

Cliffs Sig Strikes Total Lawler 70/156 Rory 86/222
Rd 1
Lawler 9/17
Rory 11/41

Rd 2
Lawler 20/43
Rory 22/56

Rd 3
Lawler 15/40
Rory 26/56

Rd 4
Lawler 15/36
Rory 25/56

Rd 5
Lawler 11/20
Rory 2/13

I was there live and very drunk so I may be remembering it wrong but I did watch the video the next day. What Facts are you referring to? Rory out landed Robbie every round but the 5th and Rocked him in the 3rd and 4th. Not sure how that qualifies as a Horsesh!t post?

Fight Metric has broken down here http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/ecb4534c0066c5f3

Cliffs Sig Strikes Total Lawler 70/156 Rory 86/222
Rd 1
Lawler 9/17
Rory 11/41

Rd 2
Lawler 20/43
Rory 22/56

Rd 3
Lawler 15/40
Rory 26/56

Rd 4
Lawler 15/36
Rory 25/56

Rd 5
Lawler 11/20
Rory 2/13
You saw this fight drunk? Damn you're a savage! Good experience

You saw this fight drunk? Damn you're a savage! Good experience
That wasn't the plan but its VEGAS and I don't get away on vacation very often. The Irish fans there for McGregor were crazy and it was truly infectious. Also they were selling GIANT cans of Corona, like 2 tall boys in a can and I had 6 or 7 over the entire event. We sat down before the first fight as we like to see them all. I just forgot that remembering them is important too! LOL

Back