Had Aldo and Conor fought as strangers...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have rewatched Aldos fights and he always starts with a jab and low kicks to figure out the distance. Conor fight is the ONLY fight where he rushed in like an idiot and got countered.

That being said, Aldo has amazing kickboxing skills. It resembles that of a dutch kickboxer. Conor fights like Naseem Hamed. Meaning that he is good but he has fundamental flaws and gets hit quite a bit.

Makes me wonder, if Conor and Aldo were to fight as strangers (no trash talking ) who would win the fight?

Aldo for sure.
Aldo wins 7 times out of 10

P0QFEvK.gif

Conor definitely got into Aldos head and it seemed like Aldo was nervous and fought more aggressively than usual. Especially from the start

However i think Aldo would have struck with him regardless. I think Aldo would've done better in the rematch but ultimately the result would have been the same

Maybe one day Conor will defend his belt and we can see how they both adjust.

Though I hate this KO, and I believe Aldo could definitely win a rematch. I can't deny the greatness of this GIF.
Also I never consider this before, but isn't it a pretty big deal that Aldo's eyes were closed when McGregor landed?

Though I hate this KO, and I believe Aldo could definitely win a rematch. I can't deny the greatness of this GIF.
Also I never consider this before, but isn't it a pretty big deal that Aldo's eyes were closed when McGregor landed?

The blown up emphasizes even more the stupidity of Aldo leading head & chin 1st into Conor's power punch, C'mon man?

The blown up emphasizes even more the stupidity of Aldo leading head & chin 1st into Conor's power punch, C'mon man?
Well yeah, I know that. But his EYES WERE CLOSED!!!!!! 0_0
It's always the punch you cannot see.

I have rewatched Aldos fights and he always starts with a jab and low kicks to figure out the distance. Conor fight is the ONLY fight where he rushed in like an idiot and got countered.

That being said, Aldo has amazing kickboxing skills. It resembles that of a dutch kickboxer. Conor fights like Naseem Hamed. Meaning that he is good but he has fundamental flaws and gets hit quite a bit.

Makes me wonder, if Conor and Aldo were to fight as strangers (no trash talking ) who would win the fight?

That takes away perhaps 80% of the reason why Conor won. The trash talking and world tour beat Aldo before he got in that cage. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him and Conor irritated the fuck out of Jose. Jose charging in chin up like that was due to the trash talking more than anything imo. Having said that I still think Conor would've won the first time. That power he has at 145 is no joke.

I'd definitely still favour Conor to win, he has the reach to nullify Aldo's leg kicks and just hits too damn hard for the FW's. Aldo's best hope would be that he survives the first couple of rounds and Conor starts to gas but his gas tank is probably better at FW so I doubt that would come into play.

Conor takes him out 10/10 times Aldo can't take his shots and isn't finishing Conor.

Back