Jon Jones being sued by UFC fan

P4p Islam

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
My sources have just informed me that Jon Jones is being sued by a UFC fan over his removal from the UFC 200 card.

So a Jon Jones fan named Sean Slattery has some competition.

Business and analytics writer Paul Gift reports for BE that on August 19, Slattery filed a lawsuit in San Diego Superior Court against the interim UFC light heavyweight champion, as well as his managers, First Round Management. Slattery charges concealment, negligent misrepresentation, and negligence.

Slattery reports he bought four tickets “for the express purpose” of seeing the unification fight between Jones and division champion Daniel Cormier at UFC 200.

“Just before the fight, however, Jones was dropped from the fight card after officials learned that he had tested positive for banned performance-enhancing and/or masking substances. Plaintiff was thus robbed and defrauded of the value of the tickets, wherein he suffered both economic and non-economic harm, as a result of Jones’s actions in violating anti-doping regulations, and First Round’s complicity therein,” argued Slattery. “In the alternative, Jones failed to disclose other controlled substances, and in doing so was negligent, to the relevant testing officials which again deprived Plaintiff of the value of his tickets.”

Slattery further argues that Jones and his managment “created a duty” to act reasonably “including but not limited to refraining from the administration of banned substances to Jones or failure to disclose prescription medication to testing officials, and/or taking measures to ensure that ostensibly non-banned supplement mixtures did not in fact did contain banned substances.”

Is it the same guy that told Jon and his rainbow to fuck off?

"Fight card subject to change"
Good luck with that, buddeh.
<36>

All bouts are live and fight cards are subject to change.

As long as Jones chooses trial by combat....he'll be fine.

Link to source?

Sounds like a frivolous lawsuit of some idiot just looking to get some money.

Court should just tell him "here you go, you silly fuck. Here's the price of admission to the tickets you purchased. Stuff happens".

Frivolous litigation - fry this clown.

Link to source?

Sounds like a frivolous lawsuit of some idiot just looking to get some money.

Court should just tell him "here you go, you silly fuck. Here's the price of admission to the tickets you purchased. Stuff happens".

Only if the price of admission is a gut shot from JDS.

A public flogging would be more in line with what this fool deserves.

Thought this was gonna be about not signing a replica belt.

Only if the price of admission is a gut shot from JDS.

A public flogging would be more in line with what this fool deserves.

Money back would be fine.

Then what's he gonna do or say?

"Gee, I had so much emotionally invested in this fight and it just took it right out of me".

Judge should just tell him "Damn, Billy, sorry you're a loser but you got the money for your ticket back. Sucks that it won't cover your lawyer or court fees, though".

Back