Rashad Evans Now a MIDDLEWEIGHT; Aiming for UFC 205 in NYC

A

AronaBeatsJones

Rashad-Evans-UFC-167-750.jpg

"I can tell you I'm working towards that in making my cut down to middleweight," Evans told Ariel Helwani. "As far as the opponent, nothing has been set in stone. There has been talks about a fight with Tim Kennedy, but other fights too as well, but nothing has been signed yet. I had Ali [Evans' manager] with Joe Silva trying to set something up but nothing has been finalized yet."​

SOURCE: http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...es-move-to-middleweight-wants-to-fight-in-new

Evans vs. Machida 2?

43768_714x452.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasnt this known a while ago? Apparently Kennedy?

Machida is suspended.

And this cut just never works out. I hope this one works because Rashad is the man and deserves the best but like so many others time is not on his side

Isn't this already known? Could have sworn that he got booked to fight Kennedy as his MW debut at 205.

Machida is suspended.

And this cut just never works out. I hope this one works because Rashad is the man and deserves the best but like so many others time is not on his side
Strangely, I don't think we've had a follow-up to the Machida situation.

If it's a retroactive six-month suspension, it could be over by the end of the year.

Good for him always thought he would make a great MW.

If Rashad was gonna try to switch weight classes to have a little more success in the UFC he should have went to HW instead, there are guys there that would be much easier to beat

if he losses then here is next fight for Rumble to avenge

If Rashad was gonna try to switch weight classes to have a little more success in the UFC he should have went to HW instead, there are guys there that would be much easier to beat

I agree. Rashads biggest advantage (and consequently when he started to lose this he started to get beat) was his speed and quickness relative to the competition. At MW he's gonna be even slower compared to his competition than he ended up being at LHW lately.
At HW he'd have the quickness and wrestling over most of those guys.

I wish Shogun would try to make MW.

Back