Shouldn't they announce the amount of title defenses for former/cur.champions before the fight?

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I would be all for hearing e.g. "former 7 time UFC MiddleWeight champion" instead of just "former UFC champion". It sounds the same. Guy who defended multiple times gets called the same as guy who never defended.
For casuals it would be better too, to know who the real deal is/was.
I know they announce e.g. "2 time UFC ....." IF you lose a belt and then regain it. They should just count the number of Title defenses and announce it this way.

And yes, I'm in a whiny mood today.

I would be all for hearing e.g. "former 7 time UFC MiddleWeight champion" instead of just "former UFC champion". It sounds the same. Guy who defended multiple times gets called the same as guy who never defended.
For casuals it would be better too, to know who the real deal is/was.
I know they announce e.g. "2 time UFC ....." IF you lose a belt and then regain it. They should just count the number of Title defenses and announce it this way.

And yes, I'm in a whiny mood today.
Joe Martinez would.

I think it would be be cool if they announced how many defenses the champion has during his current reign.

The other part I could go either way.

Oh. You mean the guy who replaces Buffer from time to time? I like this dude.
Pretty cool fact if true.
Yeah. I mean well he's never done it, but if someone were to do it, it would be him.

Buffer can't scream for that long anymore.

Please no... i already cant stand theong introdction as it is...like anyone really pays attention

Maybe for guys like GSP or Spider who had a large number of defenses. But unfortunately, the majority of UFC champs lose the belt in their first or second defense.

Maybe for guys like GSP or Spider who had a large number of defenses. But unfortunately, the majority of UFC champs lose the belt in their first or second defense.

Yup, that's why it would be nice to hear those guys get additional credit for it.
And for those who don't - not big deal - the announcement won't change since they haven't defended ;)

Back