4 man MW "tournament" in MSG

StiG85

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So, during MMA hour while Ariel has Luke Rockhold in studio, he mentioned a 4 man MW tournament would eventuelly be held at MSG.

Luke Rockhold v Yoel Romero
Chris Weidman v Jacare Souza

These are the matchups mentioned. Nothing official yet, but where's smoke, there's fire
Luke agreed to the idea with the "let's make it worth my while" quote.

What do you think about those matchups and who takes it?

I got Rockhold and Weidman coming out victorious, setting up the rematch for the title eliminator.

Who would go for the title in the meanwhile then?

giphy.gif

I mean this sincerely. That's a great idea, does he actually mean tournament format so the winners face off on the same night?

So, during MMA hour while Ariel has Luke Rockhold in studio, he mentioned a 4 man MW tournament would eventuelly be held at MSG.

These are the matchups mentioned. Nothing official yet, but where's smoke, there's fire

I got Rockhold and Weidman coming out victorious, setting up the rematch for the title eliminator.

There isn't really anyone else in contention.

I've heard talk Bisping and Hendo might both retire after their fight.

giphy.gif

I mean this sincerely. That's a great idea, does he actually mean tournament format so the winners face off on the same night?
What Helwani said is that there is a 4 man "tournament" of sorts that has yet to play out at MW. Romero, Rockhold, Weidman, and Jacare.

However, he did not say this was official and he did not say the UFC is trying to do this.

So, no, this isn't officially happening and if it did, there is no way the NYSAC lets a 1 night tournament happen.

giphy.gif

I don't know man, but I guess not.

My guess is as good as your guess....

giphy.gif

No way, it would definitely be a two event thing.

If it's a one night tournament then it would probably be the most excited I've ever been for a UFC event. That would be amazing.

I like it but id switch it up alittle id have Weidman vs romero 2 great heavyhanded wrestlers

works well for Bispy, knocking off all but one guy from contention.

Weidman gets injured, replaced by Camozzi. We get Jacare/Camozzi 3.

What Helwani said is that there is a 4 man "tournament" of sorts that has yet to play out at MW. Romero, Rockhold, Weidman, and Jacare.

However, he did not say this was official and he did not say the UFC is trying to do this.

Yea he did. His exact words were "i hear what the ufc is trying to do here in this city."

How did Mousassi get left out ?
If those match ups are True I think Jacare beats Weidman and Luke gets an easy decision victory over Romero by sticking and moving the entire fight this making Romero chasing him the whole time. If it is true then Bisping is the luckiest fuck in the world. I bet after he destroys Hendo he asks for the winner of the Rashad Evans Tim Kennedy fight cause he already lost to both of them. How the fuck did Bisping gets McGregors power of all the sudden?

Official tournaments aren't going to happen anytime soon, let alone same night tournaments which a clearly, and sadly, a thing of the past. This is just a normal case of having several contenders fighting on the same card as a back-up plan in case one of them gets injured.

Back