UFC should book Hendricks vs Ellenberger

NoBiasJustMMA

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Both of them beat Matt Brown in their most recent wins and both have big KO power and strong wrestling games. A win for either should solidify them back into the top 10 and might be a start at a run for the belt/top 5.

What do you guys think, do you want to see this fight and who do you think takes it?

I think Ellenberger would come out with the win, he's gone back to King's MMA whereas Hendricks left the camp that got him to the top and the nutritionist that got him there as well.

I'd like it, would be a good fight and would make some sense.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't hate Ellenberger's chances in that fight.

Agreed. Easy match up on paper for Johny...said that about Brown vs Ellenberger though...

I'd rather see Condit-Hendricks 2 and see Ellenberger face Stun Gun/Gunnar Nelson winner.

6 months or so ago I'd have taken Hendricks no question, currently I think Ellenberger could blast Hendricks in the first.

Wonder if Hendricks would have fries with his Ellenberger?

Agreed. Easy match up on paper for Johny...said that about Brown vs Ellenberger though...

How is it an easy matchup on paper? Look at how Hendricks performed against powerful, short, stocky wrestlers

Story
Pierce
Kos
GSP

arguably lost all those fights, certainly none were easy. Jake is more explosive than all those guys at the point Hendricks fought them (GSP hasnt had the same explosiveness after the ACL surgeries). Plus Jake is arguably the most powerful guy in WW history and hes started to kick now

- Dropped and nearly KOd Carlos if not for a clutch knee to the body that stifled followup, hurt him multiple times and more than anyone ever with Carlos arguably having the GOAT chin @ WW, arguably the only guy to 10-8 Carlos
- Only guy to finish Brown with sturikes, mightve been the only guy to knock him down with a punch, and KOd him with his first body kick
- KOd Shields unconscious and had him wrestling with the ref (same Shields a couple fights ago who took 2 H Bombs to the dome and was dropped, yet came back to 10-8 Hendo and dominate the rest of the fight
- KOd Marquardt dead
- dropped and nearly KOd Kampmann on the 1st exchange
- dropped Wonderboy and made him go stiff for a moment
- hurt Tarec multiple times badly where his movement completely froze
- hurt Kelvin in the 1st minute
- KOd Piearson and Pyle

That is in no way an easy matchup...........

How is it an easy matchup on paper? Look at how Hendricks performed against powerful, short, stocky wrestlers

Story
Pierce
Kos
GSP

arguably lost all those fights, certainly none were easy. Jake is more explosive than all those guys at the point Hendricks fought them (GSP hasnt had the same explosiveness after the ACL surgeries). Plus Jake is arguably the most powerful guy in WW history and hes started to kick now

- Dropped and nearly KOd Carlos if not for a clutch knee to the body that stifled followup, hurt him multiple times and more than anyone ever with Carlos arguably having the GOAT chin @ WW, arguably the only guy to 10-8 Carlos
- Only guy to finish Brown with sturikes, mightve been the only guy to knock him down with a punch, and KOd him with his first body kick
- KOd Shields unconscious and had him wrestling with the ref (same Shields a couple fights ago who took 2 H Bombs to the dome and was dropped, yet came back to 10-8 Hendo and dominate the rest of the fight
- KOd Marquardt dead
- dropped and nearly KOd Kampmann on the 1st exchange
- dropped Wonderboy and made him go stiff for a moment
- hurt Tarec multiple times badly where his movement completely froze
- hurt Kelvin in the 1st minute
- KOd Piearson and Pyle

That is in no way an easy matchup...........

Yeah, I didn't get that comment either, I think they are both difficult match ups for each other. They have pretty similar skill sets and when Hendricks fights a top level wrestler he almost always has a razor close fight.

Back