Dana White "Conor McGregor will not be stripped of his belt but...."

FleximusPrime

I'm a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus
@Brown
Reaction score
1:30 seconds in That settles that folks.

Dana is saying he isn't being stripped, rather Conor has the choice to vacate if he wants a 155 fight. It's the same outcome.

pHIDGY6.gif

Ridiculous.

Let's just shut down the FW division then.

Dana literally said not 10 seconds later He will have to defend or give it up. BAsically they aren't "Stripping" him of the belt he will relinquish the belt if he decides not to defend it....

Even though it would be really unfair, I really want to see Holloway vs Aldo for the interim title while Conor fights Alvarez.

Dana will not strip Conor of the belt unless he wins the 155 title. He is trying to keep Conor locked into a champion clause so that he cannot fight outside of the UFC (e.g. Floyd) when his current contract ends, which apparently is in only a couple fights. Why do you think he's suddenly so passionately against a third Diaz fight. Conor has two options, Aldo or Alvarez.

Click bait title, shame on you TS.....shame....!

Dana will not strip Conor of the belt unless he wins the 155 title. He is trying to keep Conor locked into a champion clause so that he cannot fight outside of the UFC (e.g. Floyd) when his current contract ends, which apparently is in only a couple fights. Why do you think he's suddenly so passionately against a third Diaz fight. Conor has two options, Aldo or Alvarez.

THIS.

the minute Conor gets the opportunity, he could promote himself outside of the UFC and make way more money/ Dana will lose a huge cash cow

Hmm, interesting to see if Conor forces thier hand, I'm not sure he'll vacate.

Back