Who is the Bigger Draw. GSP or CMac?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Shockingly, Tyrun supporters are trying to say that GSP is as big, or bigger, a draw as Conor with the same or more fans.
I, personally, feel CMac is leaps and bounds more popular and has made far more money. Red panty night was invented by McGregor, not GSP. GSP also left before CMac changed the pay scale for fighters. And as far as I can remember, GSP never made any opponent a millionaire. Thoughts?

Conor via appealing to the casuals.

GSP didn't have time for bullshit.

At this point Conor McGregor as a PPV draw > anyone else in the UFC, or in combat sports period now that pretty boy Floyd has retired. Ronda is still a bigger mainstream star in N.A. but most of her soccer mom and teen werewolf fans don't buy PPVs.

GSP as a Fighter
Conor as a leprechaun with a big mouth.

The freakshow always win's.

CMac is the biggest draw
Ronda is big too and people will tune in for her return
GSP was very big and people will tune in to see what he can do fi the fight is appealing to them, as well

At this point Conor McGregor as a PPV draw > anyone else in the UFC, or in combat sports period now that pretty boy Floyd has retired. Ronda is still a bigger mainstream star in N.A. but most of her soccer mom and teen werewolf fans don't buy PPVs.
No she isn't. Maybe she WAS but definitely not anymore.

GSP as a Fighter
Conor as a leprechaun with a big mouth.

The freakshow always win's.

Ya for real.

GSP is about as classy as any athlete can strive to be.

An actual role model.

McGregor is a bigger PPV draw, But GSP still holds the all time gate record

No she isn't. Maybe she WAS but definitely not anymore.

Okay peak Ronda is a much bigger star than peak Conor in NA. Fact. She's a DNB now of course the attention isn't going to last.

Shockingly, Tyrun supporters are trying to say that GSP is as big, or bigger, a draw as Conor with the same or more fans.
I, personally, feel CMac is leaps and bounds more popular and has made far more money. Red panty night was invented by McGregor, not GSP. GSP also left before CMac changed the pay scale for fighters. And as far as I can remember, GSP never made any opponent a millionaire. Thoughts?

Conor`s ppv buy rate average is like 500k more buys then gsp.But obviously gsp has headlined alot more ppvs then conor has.

I feel like anyone that knows Conor knows Ronda aswell, and viceversa. GSP is less popular in that sense.

Conor is the biggest draw, period.

Got to give it to McGregor... 2nd is Rousey, then GSP ... Brock is in there somewhere too, with the Spider.

http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

GSP has been rocking big PPV numbers for a long time though & the overall total is probably higher than McGregor & Rousey..

Conor has been rocking 7 figure PPV's regularly lately & just broke the PPV record at 202... but the sport has grown since GSP retired as well.

I'm sure GSP can rock similar numbers on his comeback fight.

1/31/2009 UFC 94 GSP v. Penn II 920,000
Edit: UFC 100 - GSP vs. Alves 1.6 mill - also fueled by Lesnar / Mir as well as the whole card.
3/27/2010 UFC 111 GSP vs. Hardy 770,000
12/11/2010 UFC 124 GSP vs. Koscheck 785,000
4/30/2011 UFC 129 GSP vs. Shields 800,000
11/17/2012 UFC 154 GSP vs. Condit 700,000
3/16/2013 UFC 158 GSP vs Diaz 950,000
11/16/2013 UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks 630,000

7/11/2015 UFC 189 McGregor vs Mendes 825,000
12/12/2015 UFC 194 Aldo vs McGregor 1,200,000
3/5/2016 UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz (1.6 mill Rumored)
8/20/2016 UFC 202 McGregor vs. Diaz 2 - Highest ever rumored (which would have to be bigger than UFC 100 at 1.6 mill)

Last edited:
Conor, and it's not even close.

Only delusional North Americans (specifically Canadians) would think GSP is a bigger draw than Conor.

It's like saying LeBron James is a bigger star than Cristiano Ronaldo. Nobody outside N.A gives a fuck about LeBron James. But Americans think he is an International superstar. Nope.

Okay peak Ronda is a much bigger star than peak Conor in NA. Fact. She's a DNB now of course the attention isn't going to last.
Conor is huge in NA now. Maybe Ronda was a bigger star back then, but to say "a much bigger star" is an exaggeration. I even doubt that after seeing the whole WWE roster and a lot of boxers tweeting about him. Even people like Ronaldo, Kanye, Rihanna, Jlo, etc. Recognize this man.

I've paid a lot of money combined watching GSP fights both live and on PPV, but I would say Conor is the biggest PPV star the UFC has ever seen.

I think it's pretty easily GSP if you look at the supporting casts of fights each have gotten on their cards. & if you consider how opposite their personalities are.

Back