Sherdog editor Greg Savage was laid off. He's been covering MMA since 1999.

Would have thought there'd be more work than ever since we're in the McGregor era.

Wtf is going on with these guys in charge here. First Sherwood, now this!

Wow. I'd hope hed have the pick of the litter for available jobs with major networks/news outlets covering MMA.

What's that you say? None of them cover it?

Well shit. Good run Greg, didn't always agree with your points of view, but appreciate your dedication.

Was he caught sleeping on the job in a dark corner of the war room?

Ariel Helwani 2.0 looms?

Last edited by a moderator:
one of the few guys i actually knew of from sherdog, that sucks.

It's always sad to see someone lose their job. He honestly wasn't my favourite member of the MMA media, but it's not good to see people experiencing difficulties like this.

Never liked him much tbh. Gives off a very strong vibe of a guy that once scored a goal in a football match in school and is still telling everyone about it 30 years and 50,000 cheeseburgers later.

Would have thought there'd be more work than ever since we're in the McGregor era.
See, I didn't know what these guys looked like but after seeing Jeff Sherwoods pick and now Greg's pic, there is only one question I have...why they no train juijitsu?!

#GUERNICAbless

Sucks he lost his job. I wonder if somebody is trying to force out all the old blood on the website. I guess it is gonna whittle down to all TJ all the time.

Back