Conor has come on leaps and bounds over the past year

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm talking about when he dusted Chad Mendes in the 2nd round just 13 months ago- the great wrestler who was supposedly going to be Conor's downfall but I digress - on two weeks notice (so Conor didn't prepare specifically for a wrestler but I digress again).

Someone like Mendes or anyone else in the FW division wouldn't stand a chance against Conor now. Conor would hit them once and that'd be it, lights out. Since then Conor starched Aldo in a matter of seconds and dominated a WW on the feet - twice. The Conor of July 2015 may have struggled against the WW Nate but a mere 7 months after the Diaz fight he was bossing Nate but lost because of inefficiency with his energy (a matter he mostly corrected for the return fight).

FY94Dxo.gif

I see Conor improving even more. His gas tank is only going to get bigger, the cheques are going to get bigger. If he does return to 145 - even though there is nothing left for him there now - out of all the rounds he fought at that division, he didn't lose a single round really - I see him getting a first round KO.

To be honest I don't see many at 155 giving him problems either. Nate's granite empty head could take those shots but no one else will be able to. They can be great wrestlers, BJJ black belts - whatever (even though Conor is also good on the ground, as attested by many). The fact is Conor will crack them at least once and they'll be asleep.

I foresee a two division champion by the end of the year.

It sickens me how they try to downplay Conor's greatness. Once he retires, the nostalgia will come flooding in and they will old him in high regard. Happened to Ali, happened to Floyd and it will happen to him.

It sickens me how they try to downplay Conor's greatness. Once he retires, the nostalgia will come flooding in and they will old him in high regard. Happened to Ali, happened to Floyd and it will happen to him.

Did you just compare Conor to Floyd & Ali ?

694.png

Just getting the belt and going 1-1 with a gatekeeper from 1 higher division makes you a great these days huh

chad was at more of a disadvantage coming in on short notice with no camp. Conor's ground game is still suspect and he won't have a size advantage. Diaz beat him once and the second was questionable and diaz is fringe top 10. Khabib will kill him as will many LW. He's been protected from bad styles. Cardio doesn't magically improve, you have it or don't. And you are a moron.

chad was at more of a disadvantage coming in on short notice with no camp. Conor's ground game is still suspect and he won't have a size advantage. Diaz beat him once and the second was questionable. Khabib will him as will many LW. He's been protected from bad styles. And you are a moron.

Conor will have to be very careful choosing fights in the LW division.

Alot of bad matchups there.

I'm talking about when he dusted Chad Mendes in the 2nd round just 13 months ago- the great wrestler who was supposedly going to be Conor's downfall but I digress - on two weeks notice (so Conor didn't prepare specifically for a wrestler but I digress again).

Someone like Mendes or anyone else in the FW division wouldn't stand a chance against Conor now. Conor would hit them once and that'd be it, lights out. Since then Conor starched Aldo in a matter of seconds and dominated a WW on the feet - twice. The Conor of July 2015 may have struggled against the WW Nate but a mere 7 months after the Diaz fight he was bossing Nate but lost because of inefficiency with his energy (a matter he mostly corrected for the return fight).

FY94Dxo.gif

I see Conor improving even more. His gas tank is only going to get bigger, the cheques are going to get bigger. If he does return to 145 - even though there is nothing left for him there now - out of all the rounds he fought at that division, he didn't lose a single round really - I see him getting a first round KO.

To be honest I don't see many at 155 giving him problems either. Nate's granite empty head could take those shots but no one else will be able to. They can be great wrestlers, BJJ black belts - whatever (even though Conor is also good on the ground, as attested by many). The fact is Conor will crack them at least once and they'll be asleep.

I foresee a two division champion by the end of the year.

Dont bother man. They just dont see it. But he will be missed once hes gone

Leaps & Bounds?: Leaps & bounds is leaping over Aldo in 13 seconds then going on to Diaz and knocking his head out of bounds in 1 or 2rds.

Hops, Skips, & bumps: is hopping over Aldo in 13 seconds, skipping the open opportunity to make "BIG" noize @WW with a clean stoppage of Diaz, and just getting over the Bump which is Nate Diaz by **majority** decision.

Just getting the belt and going 1-1 with a gatekeeper from 1 higher division makes you a great these days huh

Beating Aldo has already cemented Conor's greatness.

And I agree with TS that Conor will be a 2 division champion by the end of the year. Alvarez better spit shine that belt.

Damn you Conor fans just amaze me how pathetic you are acting like Conor is a god.I really think most of you would get on your knees and suck his dick on command by him.

lmao@ icing the undisputed kingpin of 145lbs, top 3 p4p in 13 seconds, ending an undefeated streak that lasted over 10 years, as simply "just getting the belt". hahaha

chad was at more of a disadvantage coming in on short notice with no camp. Conor's ground game is still suspect and he won't have a size advantage. Diaz beat him once and the second was questionable and diaz is fringe top 10. Khabib will kill him as will many LW. He's been protected from bad styles. Cardio doesn't magically improve, you have it or don't. And you are a moron.
agree with this post, except the cardio part. You can 100 percent improve your cardio.

Leaps & Bounds?: Leaps & bounds is leaping over Aldo in 13 seconds then going on to Diaz and knocking his head out of bounds in 1 or 2rds.

Hops, Skips, & bumps: is hopping over Aldo in 13 seconds, skipping the open opportunity to make "BIG" noize @WW with a clean stoppage of Diaz, and just getting over the Bump which is Nate Diaz by **majority** decision.
I can understand some of your points there but I don't understand why you've put "majority" in asterisks. It was a fight he clearly one, and if you don't believe he won then you let bias cloud you're judgement or you don't understand how MMA fights are scored.

lmao@ icing the undisputed kingpin of 145lbs, top 3 p4p in 13 seconds, ending an undefeated streak that lasted over 10 years, as simply "just getting the belt". hahaha

English is not my first language so sorry if it came out wrong, I meant he just got the belt and has had no defends with it. Obviously taking out aldo in 13 seconds could be argued as one of the greatest things to happen. But conor's not great yet

Is Conor a WW now because he fought twice at that weight? Nate is a LW who bloated up to WW and got his ass handed to him and sent him back to his proper weightclass.

TS went from expecting a destructive KTFO win 5 months ago, to breathing a HUGE sigh of relief when Conor eked out a win last week.

and he's somehow trying to spin that into a positive.

cute. really cute.

it was a good win. he did it the way most people beat Nate - following a game plan of picking shots and avoiding further engagement otherwise. good gameplan, good win. great fucking fight.

but folks need to stop calling it something it's not.

You Conor fans are about as bad as Shogun fans, maybe worse.

I can understand some of your points there but I don't understand why you've put "majority" in asterisks. It was a fight he clearly one, and if you don't believe he won then you let bias cloud you're judgement or you don't understand how MMA fights are scored.

My personal thang with the **astrix** I will do that for split decisions also to denote that the decision was not unanimous and was close enough to be debated or rematched if necessary.

Back